Poll: Meat innit
Poll Options
View poll results: Meat innit
Yes, I always make conscious choices about choosing foods that are less harsh to animals.
15 15%
I try to make these choices when convenience isn't an issue.
20 19%
I feel like I should, but I don't.
37 36%
I don't care whatsoever, I'll eat whatever.
31 30%
Voters: 103.
Page 1 of 6
hahaha meat-eaters GAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

Do you care at all about the living conditions of the animals you eat?

I'm slowly becoming more choosy with this. I've stopped eating pork because pigs can be your buds. It's for this reason I also won't eat rabbit or anything adorable. I also will make a conscious choice, when I can remember, to choose cage-free foods. I might start going local because factory farming .

Poll incoming.

Bonus question: Do your actions/feelings about meat coincide with your views on animal testing for medicine?
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Dec 5, 2015,
Nah don't care. I mean I'm definitely a bit of an ass for not making an effort to avoid animal suffering. But, to terribly paraphrase my literary soulmate, "This question isn't even about whether animal life is equal to human life, but just about whether animal life is worthy of consideration when it comes to how my food tastes."
Yeah, I do actually, I try to buy free range stuff whenever I can, even if it means spending an extra £2 on eggs
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Nope,

Survival of the fittest and all that
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
If only raising the animals in decent living conditions didn't make the food cost so much more. It doesn't sound like much to only spend a couple of quid more, but it all adds up.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 5, 2015,
I care for it until the point where I'm hungry

I'm sure I'd feel better about eating animals with better welfare standards, but it's not a consideration when I'm shopping
fancy meat is expensive
the best I could do is reduce my meat consumption, something we should probably all do tbh, but I couldn't go vegan

meat is murder and I have blood on my hands
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
""Meat is murder."

- Morrisey""

- Eastwinn

I miss pork, to be honest.
Free Ali
Quote by Hydra150
meat is murder and I have blood on my hands

Delicious, tasty bloody meat
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
I thought of something else. Vegans/vegetarians/whateverians can answer this, too.

Do your actions/feelings about meat coincide with your views on animal testing for medicine?

I think animal testing is fucked, but I don't see much of a way around it, at least not one as readily accessible as veganism.

Note: As I write this, I'm eating fast food from a large, international restaurant chain that probably doesn't treat cows very well at all.
Free Ali
I really only eat meat for the taste and novelty. It is absolutely not an essential part of my diet and I feel unwell if I eat too much or the wrong type. So I don't have it more than once or twice a week, if that, and only when I'm eating out someplace where it is an integral part of the dish.

This is mostly because whenever I eat meat I feel incredibly guilty and terrible for it. This is probably partly due to my cultural upbringing where animals are revered just as much as people, and partly because I just like seeing animals alive and happy. I can never be positive that the animals I'm eating enjoyed their lives - or at least, humans didn't actively make their lives worse.

I'm glad my parents didn't force me to be vegetarian like them, but now that I live in a place where vegetarian options are easily accessible for the most part, I wish I had never gotten used to eating meat.

When given options at the grocery store I pick whichever egg or dairy product is advertised as being less cruel, but again I can't be sure that these products are better than their competitors in terms of how they treat their animals. If I had my own way I would just be friends with a farmer and only buy fresh eggs and dairy products from them.

edit: I don't know much about animal testing for medicine so I can't comment on that. I don't think it should be banned as animal models are crucial to many areas of research, but I don't know how these animals are treated. If it's bad I hope it improves and that guidelines are put in place to ensure humane treatment.

I do know that a number of cosmetics companies have come out against animal testing in the US and UK but the parent company continues animal testing in countries where regulation is not as stringent. This is dishonest of them.

I can't say that animal testing should stop 100% for cosmetics as some of it overlaps with health (especially skin-related issues) but the rest of it is probably not as important as testing in medicine.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Dec 5, 2015,
Absolutely-I am a meateater and a hunter,
but I only hunt what I eat, a few species,
because we eat meat does not mean we are cruel or hapless about other species
we were evolved to eat meat, and that is the natural order,
a lot of people don't understand this but hunting today is very controlled
and serves to cull herds that otherwise might starve for lack of food,
it is part of management of these species,
even if you stop eating meat it does not change the natural order of eat and be eaten
but evolved people show respect for other species,
a good hunter loves the hunt but has no pleasure in the kill (which should always be humane)
and do no harm outside of our own natural food harvesting
sunaj
Quote by chrismendiola
I thought of something else. Vegans/vegetarians/whateverians can answer this, too.

Do your actions/feelings about meat coincide with your views on animal testing for medicine?

I think animal testing is fucked, but I don't see much of a way around it, at least not one as readily accessible as veganism.

Note: As I write this, I'm eating fast food from a large, international restaurant chain that probably doesn't treat cows very well at all.

Totally agree-animal testing should be more or less outlawed,
especially the makeup industry-my god torturing animals so you can get your lipstik right???
abominable
sunaj
I'm a meat eater because im sick of all the cruelty and brutality that vegetarians inflict on all the plants of the world.
Sick of the systematic heirarchy of living things being determined by self righteous A-holes.
Don't care about living conditions as much as how I care about their death, I prefer the animal to not feel anything
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I hold no regard for the lives of lower lifeforms that don't serve a purpose to me.

Butcher them, slap makeup on them, pump them full of drugs. I don't give a shit.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I hold no regard for the lives of lower lifeforms that don't serve a purpose to me.

Butcher them, slap makeup on them, pump them full of drugs. I don't give a shit.

Humans like you have no worth
tbh in my heart of hearts i feel that eating animals is morally indefensible, it's just never plagued me consistently enough to get me to change my eating habits. i tried eating strictly vegetarian a few times, but i lapsed before too long. maybe i will try again though, after the holidays.
Quote by sunaj at #33716397
Humans like you have no worth

yeah they do

amusement
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I don't even know what's in a sausage lol
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia

want to find out what's in mine??
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by GuitarGod_92
hint: its spiders

gross, no

its love and seminal fluid
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by sunaj
Absolutely-I am a meateater and a hunter,
but I only hunt what I eat, a few species,
because we eat meat does not mean we are cruel or hapless about other species
we were evolved to eat meat, and that is the natural order,
a lot of people don't understand this but hunting today is very controlled
and serves to cull herds that otherwise might starve for lack of food,
it is part of management of these species,
even if you stop eating meat it does not change the natural order of eat and be eaten
but evolved people show respect for other species,
a good hunter loves the hunt but has no pleasure in the kill (which should always be humane)
and do no harm outside of our own natural food harvesting
sunaj

I think this is the only reasonable thing you've ever posted
I've stopped eating meat about half a year ago, planning on going vegan as from a animal cruelty point of view cosuming meat and dairy and eggs is pretty much the same thing.

As far as animal testing goes. A lot of animal testing (if not most of it) is completely pointless. I have a masters in bio-medical engineering and can honestly say that a lot of the academia folk do a lot of useless animal studies that don't amonut to nothing (except them getting a Phd). Also, testing a drug/vaccine/whatever on an creature other than a human being may also be useless, because of the obvious biological differences. Many drugs work great on mice but end up doing fuck all for humans.
Animal testing for consumer products, such as beauty products, cigarettes and such is the worst and should be banned.

I'm not compeletley against animal testing, as it does save human lives, but it should be done under strict supervision and done as little as possible.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Last edited by Hells_Bell at Dec 6, 2015,
I'm one of the typical hypocritical people who cringes at the sight of the overstocked facilities in which meat is processed, but don't really care once I start eating it.

It's honestly an interesting thing.

I love nature and understand that killing animals is sometimes necessary even though I'd have a hard time bringing myself to do it (intentionally(stfu gary))

It's shitty but at the same time I really want my Thanksgiving turkey, you dig
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Bladez22
gross, no

its love and seminal fluid
So hopes and dreams being reduced to but a crusty stain?
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
i stopped eating pork a while ago (occasional bacon excepted) because pigs are just filthy animals with next to zero nutritional value. having said that, i dont care about the animals i eat really. they aren't being raised to be happy and individualistic, they were raised to sate my tastebuds and filly my belly. Maybe if they want to have rights and shit they should evolve past barnyard peon idgaf
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Acϵ♠ at Dec 6, 2015,
Quote by Joshua Garcia

Lips & asses
Quote by sunaj
Lips & asses

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
I suppose I do care, because I love animals, but it never crosses my mind while I eat meat and wouldn't impact my eating of it were I to find out.
My God, it's full of stars!
Having watched the slaughter process, I can totally understand why people become vegetarian or vegan on moral grounds.

My own views are though, if we didn't eat animals in the fashion we did, then another animal would probably just take our place in the food chain.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
if only we killed and ate animals as humanely as other animasl did in the nature circle of life

makes u think

My God, it's full of stars!
Can you imagine the size of an elephant T-bone?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
idk you might enjoy fresh elephant neck if you tried it
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by chrismendiola
I'm slowly becoming more choosy with this. I've stopped eating pork because pigs can be your buds. It's for this reason I also won't eat rabbit or anything adorable.

https://youtu.be/iqHZXviRMOI
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more