Hey, What's up everyone? I was watching the music video for the song "Big Bad Moon" by Joe Satriani (I didn't just find said song, I've heard it before, I had a debate over wether or not excerpts of this is the song are being played in the movie CrossRoads after Eugene (Ralph Macchio) wins the Guitar Duel against Jack Butler (Steve Vai, whom, in-turn, was TAUGHT by Joe Satriani, which was part of the debate, that's a discussion for a whole other thread though...) However, if you watch the music video, through parts of the video, Joe's pushing what looks to me like about a 2x12 Combo amp on caster wheels in front of him as he walks in the city streets playing one of his Satriani Signature Ibanez Axes. All that being said, I see things like the Lean-Back Bars which makes me think its a Fender Amp, but the front of it kinda looks like a Line 6 from some angles....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPz_eTg3UIE
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
definitely looks like a fender (silverface?) but I can't get a good enough view to be sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, I asked my father (he's a Vintage Fender Amp Collector & Vintage Amp Tech) & he said "Fender Amps are the only amps with the chrome bars on the sides that would allow for them to lean back at a 45° angle which is an AWFUL THING TO DO because RCA went as far as to publish that the tubes should be at a straight up-and-down angle with horizontal Manual Cooling & to lean them back at a 45° angle can cause them to Melt, blow the power tubes, short the transformer..." & a laundry list of other reasons why it's a horrible thing to do... so either that's a Fender Amp, or it's been Doctored to have those lean-back bars on it...
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Quote by Mazz-
I had a debate over wether or not excerpts of this is the song are being played in the movie CrossRoads after Eugene (Ralph Macchio) wins the Guitar Duel against Jack Butler (Steve Vai, whom, in-turn, was TAUGHT by Joe Satriani, which was part of the debate, that's a discussion for a whole other thread though...)

Not likely- Crossroads was released in 1986, while Satch's Flying in a Blue Dream didn't come out until 1989.

The post-duel groove being laid down is actually more typical of Ry Cooder's* slide work than Satch or Vai. And in fact, "Eugene's Victory" is credited to Vai and Cooder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USczOVbLZgU&sns=em

* which is no surprise, since he did most of the slide guitar on the soundtrack, with some contributions by Arlen Roth.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
1) it's actually irrelevant because there's no way he recorded the track with that amp - it's a prop.

2) Vai and Ry Cooder recorded the tracks for the movie Crossroads.
Quote by reverb66
1) it's actually irrelevant because there's no way he recorded the track with that amp - it's a prop.

2) Vai and Ry Cooder recorded the tracks for the movie Crossroads.

This. It's not as if the amp in the video is where the tone is coming from, unless you're just curious about it for curiosity's sake.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Quote by Mazz-
yeah, I asked my father (he's a Vintage Fender Amp Collector & Vintage Amp Tech) & he said "Fender Amps are the only amps with the chrome bars on the sides that would allow for them to lean back at a 45° angle which is an AWFUL THING TO DO because RCA went as far as to publish that the tubes should be at a straight up-and-down angle with horizontal Manual Cooling & to lean them back at a 45° angle can cause them to Melt, blow the power tubes, short the transformer..."

Those lean-back bars have appeared on a LOT of amps and are available as aftermarket items (and have been forever). I have a set installed on a couple of speaker cabinets (non-Fender). I've also been using amps on an R7000 amp stand forever, and that leans them back at an angle. There's also this; I've been using a Carvin TS100 Tube power amp forever as well (okay, since the mid '90's?) and they have the tubes mounted horizontally rather than vertically. No issues, no melting, no blown power tubes, no shorted transformers. I'd contact RCA about this, except that they no longer make tubes