https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xybLsPwa-HU

Having trouble getting this song to sound right when I play it. I'm using a Squier Strat playing through a Behringer GMX 212. I've got it set to a clean channel

Drive: 7

Low: 4

Mid: 6

Treble: 6

Level :10

Presence: 4

I'm using the neck pickup and I've got the volume set to around 6 or so and neck tone know to 2 or 3. It sounds ok, but it's a bit off. It sounds a bit muddy when I turn the tone knob low, but then too bright if I inch it up even a smidge. Can anyone help me out?
Quote by leftman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xybLsPwa-HU

Having trouble getting this song to sound right when I play it. I'm using a Squier Strat playing through a Behringer GMX 212. I've got it set to a clean channel

Drive: 7

Low: 4

Mid: 6

Treble: 6

Level :10

Presence: 4

I'm using the neck pickup and I've got the volume set to around 6 or so and neck tone know to 2 or 3. It sounds ok, but it's a bit off. It sounds a bit muddy when I turn the tone knob low, but then too bright if I inch it up even a smidge. Can anyone help me out?

Adjust the tone on the amp with all your controls (as in your volume and tone) on the guitar at full. If it's too bright, then dial back the presence and the treble until you get close.

IMO the tone knob should be moreso for fine tuning after you have everything dialed in right (unless you're going for woman tone). The base of your tone is coming from your amp, so do most of the adjusting there.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Dec 7, 2015,
Try Tweed, Clean, U.S. Put your guitar volume and tone all the way up, put the amp settings on 5 including presence. See what that sounds like. Add a little bit of delay in the effects section as well, and maybe a bit of compressor too. You do not need much drive. Crank the level of the channel and keep the master to a reasonable volume. If the sound is too bright back off the presence a bit. Maybe take out the mids a bit as well.
Last edited by Will Lane at Dec 7, 2015,
Thanks for the replies. I have my guitar settings cranked to max and adjusting the amp from there. So far the settings recommended by Will Lane seem to sound pretty good, gonna need a little more adjusting when I find more time but i think it's on the right track. Quick question though. I'm looking through the manual to find the delay and compressor FX settings and I found the delay and the compressor, how do i get them to play both? it seems this amp has an option for delay and reverb mixed together, but not delay and compressor together. Will I need some sort of pedal to do that?
Last edited by leftman at Dec 7, 2015,
Compressor should be on presets 90-91 on your GMX if the manual is anything to go by.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.