Hi all. Im still a relative beginner and loving it.
I am halfway through learning wish you where here to give you an idea where im at. Can anyone suggest an eagles song that i could have a crack at thats got easy chords and some easy plucking section like wish you where here?
I'm working on Hotel California, and it's not as hard as you would think (at least the chords, so far).
https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/e/eagles/hotel_california_crd.htm?utm_expid=18438345-272.NFfAt3sXQgODS75gvCGh-Q.0

The chords are pretty basic. Learn the barre chords for Bm, F#, G, and it makes the switching a bit easier, since they all have the same basic fingering, along with the E/Em (they're all the same shape on different frets, though Bm is one string down from the others).

Gotta start working on the intro and solo now, myself...
Most Eagles songs are really pretty easy to play and champion lyrics, vocals, and melody over technical guitar wizardry. Learn a bunch of them.

Already gone
Peaceful Easy Feelin
Tequila Sunrise
Take it Easy
Witchy Woman

Learn em all!
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I agree with Cajundaddy. The Eagles is a good place to learn strong rhythm playing. I just saw them last year on their "History" tour and I was really impressed by their sound. Their playing was unbelievably tight and their vocals are probably the best live harmonies in rock. These days I usually go for a little harder sound like old school metal but the Eagles are one very impressive live band and learning their songs is a really a good idea. Just get their two Greatest Hits collections.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
don felder has a UTube of the entire solo for hotel CA...even shows the solo parts joe plays..BTW he does this on a Les Paul..
play well

wolf