Hi guys
I am from india and the standard voltage here is 230v, but sometimes the voltage goes as low as 150-180 v. So is it safe to keep using my amp in these conditions?
Generally yes, I can't think of a reason why low voltage would cause harm to a solid state amp. It may not work properly, but it shouldn't harm it.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Generally yes, I can't think of a reason why low voltage would cause harm to a solid state amp. It may not work properly, but it shouldn't harm it.

In "iffy" voltage scenarios like this, where a low voltage run can be followed by a spike, I run an old, big, heavy UPS that was originally designed for a server farm. It has the equivalent of a lead-acid car battery powering things. Typical use for me would be one of those back-of-a-flatbed gigs where the power source for the whole band is a diesel generator. For those jobs, I haul along the UPS, plug that into the generator and plug the amp into the UPS. It *has* happened where the generator's tripped offline altogether, and I've ended up being the only one playing, and then when the generator's come back online, the spike has knocked out a couple of pieces of gear. This particular UPS supplies clean power via a converter while charging itself from whatever house voltage might offer.
Yeah, it pretty much just says what we already said above.

Quote by dspellman
In "iffy" voltage scenarios like this, where a low voltage run can be followed by a spike, I run an old, big, heavy UPS that was originally designed for a server farm. It has the equivalent of a lead-acid car battery powering things. Typical use for me would be one of those back-of-a-flatbed gigs where the power source for the whole band is a diesel generator. For those jobs, I haul along the UPS, plug that into the generator and plug the amp into the UPS. It *has* happened where the generator's tripped offline altogether, and I've ended up being the only one playing, and then when the generator's come back online, the spike has knocked out a couple of pieces of gear. This particular UPS supplies clean power via a converter while charging itself from whatever house voltage might offer.

I agree, but he didn't ask about spikes. Still good information though.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
i run battery backup/power conditioner/surge protector units on everything in my studio. i wouldn't do it any other way.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/