It seems I've made a rookie mistake when restringing my Ibanez RG370DX and changed all of the strings at once, now when I'm trying to tune the strings back up, the tension doesn't seem to be right and the bridge is coming way to far up, I am using thicker strings than before but that shouldn't be affecting it as much as it is.

Help would be appreciated!
If you're using heavier strings than before, that's your problem. Block the sustain block (you can just use picks for this, or a block of wood, just as long as the size is right) till the bridge can't lift and sits parallel with the body as it should, then tune to pitch. Then adjust the spring tension (if it's the traditional setup of two big screws in the body, make sure to adjust both evenly) until whatever you're blocking it with is no longer held in place by the sustain block and adjust without the block until the guitar is back in tune. You may well need to adjust intonation too.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Yes, heavier strings affect it a lot. Follow K33n's advice and you should be fine.

Keep the trem blocked when adjusting intonation as well, it will save you a LOT of frustration.
Cheers guys, I'll give this a go after uni tomorrow.
Seems like I've bit off more than I can chew with the whole choice of heavier strings, didn't think of the fact it would mess the bridge up!
Quote by jordan1228616
It seems I've made a rookie mistake when restringing my Ibanez RG370DX and changed all of the strings at once, now when I'm trying to tune the strings back up, the tension doesn't seem to be right and the bridge is coming way to far up, I am using thicker strings than before but that shouldn't be affecting it as much as it is.

Yup, it DOES affect things that much. How MUCH thicker are the new strings?

If the butt end of the Floyd is coming up in the air, you need to screw the claw (in the spring cavity) in further. You'll want to loosen the strings as you do this until the butt of the Floyd is horizontal again. If you forget to loosen the strings, the strings might break and it will *definitely* be out of tune.

Follow k33's instructions and you should be fine.
Last edited by dspellman at Dec 8, 2015,
Quote by jordan1228616
......didn't think of the fact it would mess the bridge up!

If you are studying engineering then pay attention
here is a hellla good walk through on FR's.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by jordan1228616
Seems like I've bit off more than I can chew with the whole choice of heavier strings, didn't think of the fact it would mess the bridge up!

Alsooo, if you are using much thicker strings, you might need an extra spring, if you don't have at least 4 already.