Here Dec....Almost 1 anniversary of my guitar.

Anyway, I start to learn alternative picking style and I notice that I sound better than downstroke because I feel like I'm playing on a beat

Is it just a feeling or Alternative picking does really help you to play on a beat more efficiency?

Sorry for me bad English.
It depends on how fast you play. If you are playing slowly, I don't think there should be a difference between how easy it is to play in time. But if you are playing fast, of course downstrokes only are not going to work that well. It requires more hand movement than alternate picking.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Alternative picking also has a different type of sound. It sounds way more fluent. If you listen to gypsy jazz for instance it's all downstrokes which makes it sound stiff. So you're not wrong, if you ask me.
Should I alternate picking a slow part? It's seem hard to alternative picking different string.
You use what feels good to you and what sounds good. For example Metallica riffs are mostly downpicking. Same with many punk riffs. It gives a bit different sound - sounds more aggressive. There is no right and wrong. Use what works for you. Strict alternate picking doesn't always make sense.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Yes, I play metallica song and I saw both kirk and jame use downstroke in most of their song. Eg. Fade to black