I currently have an Epi SG G400 pro and I love everything about it. I also recently picked up an acoustic guitar and quickly found out that I prefer electric guitars. I'm going to sell/ trade my acoustic towards either a squire classic vibe Tele or an Epi Es-339 pro. I like both and currently have an offer of trading my acoustic plus adding cash for a 339 pro.

My question is would the SG pro and 339 pro both sound too similar? I know one is a solid body vs semi hollow but they both have the Epi humbuckers pups. I haven't and can't play the 339 in person, so I've only heard YouTube clips. So to anyone who has played both do they sound too similar or are they completely different beasts?

Thanks.
I haven't tried either specific model (so obviously take this with a pinch of salt), but since no-one else has answered i figured this might be better than nothing. They're probably not going to sound identical but the 339 is probably going to sound a lot closer to your SG than the tele will. that's not the only reason you should consider, though, since you might prefer the 339 or dislike teles... but if your main concern is sounding different, the tele will sound more different than the 339.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
while both sound decent for what they are the SG has a thinner sound than the 339. both will have a fatter sound than a tele (if that helps).
I ended up selling the acoustic and trading my SG for the 339. It was a blind trade but I'm very happy with the 339. Its surprising to me how similar the 339 can sound to the SG.

Here's of my 339
Attachments:
es339pro.JPG
nice score
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?