Hi guys.
Used to post here regularly, but I haven't been around much.

Anyways back in March I ordered myself a new guitar. I paid £1999 for it (which I think was a website mistake, as everywhere else at the time was selling it for £3149). I even asked my local shop to price match it and the best they could do was £2500.

I got an email explaining that it would be built to order and would take between 4-6 months to arrive. I accepted this, but in the end it took 9 months to arrive.
I've wanted one of these since I was in high school around 5/6 years ago and I've finally got one.

The guitar (the photo's don't do this justice):

A Jackson PC1 in solar.
The first thing I did when I got her was stick some Dunlop Straploks on. Then I played her for hours and hours. The first thing I noticed was the tone, it has such a huge tone to it and sounds just like what you'd expect Phil Collen's guitar to sound like. I'm playing this through a Marshall JVM410H and a Marshall 1936 cab.

The action from the factory is extremely low, I may make it a tad higher when I change the strings. The neck isn't as fat as what everyone says it is, I have limited experience with strats, but it feels like a slightly thicker one of those. Not the half a baseball bat, i've heard everyone talk about. Having said that I am used to the 50's necks on Gibson Les Paul's. Speaking of which even my family have noticed this sounds better than my last guitar, which is a 2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional.

I'm used to sustainers as I have one on my DK2S, this one seems more or less the same, except it doesn't have the 'mix' mode and it runs off 2 9v batteries, instead of 1.

I'm still getting used to playing it, but I have no regrets. It will likely be my last big guitar purchase for a few years, as I'm finally happy with my set-up. I've finally beaten GAS.

Here's a few photo's of the rest of my rig.

Nice score man! The PC1 is a super sweet guitar!

HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
HNGD! Sweet axe, I love the finish.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
HNGD! The PC1 is one of my dream guitars.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Nice. Looks super sweet!
I may be nitpicky here, but it's a $3200 guitar and they couldn't put straplocks on at the factory? WTF, Jackson!?
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Immense.
Quote by ryanbwags
Nice. Looks super sweet!
I may be nitpicky here, but it's a $3200 guitar and they couldn't put straplocks on at the factory? WTF, Jackson!?

I can think of plenty other popular companies that don't for that amount of money and nobody bats an eye at it. If you can afford to buy a guitar like that, you can afford to get a set of straplocks and put them on yourself.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Dec 9, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Immense.

I can think of plenty other popular companies that don't for that amount of money and nobody bats an eye at it. If you can afford to buy a guitar like that, you can afford to get a set of straplocks and put them on yourself.

I know. I'm just grumbling. Seems like if you have to special order the guitar (for lack of a better term) from anyone, they could at least check if you want them, I guess.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by RockGuitarist09

I've finally beaten GAS.

*laughs uncontrollably*

In all seriousness though, sweet axe!
awesome

Didn't the PC1 used to have a quilted fretboard? not that it affects how good of a guitar it is, of course, i was just curious.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Damn, I want one now.

Oh well, I'll just have to look enviously at Phil's when I see Def Leppard tomorrow night.
Absolute beauty. I've always loved the PC1. Solar might not be my first choice finish on these, but they look stunning whichever finish you choose.

Glad to hear that you're happy with it.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Immense.

That's true, but my Pro Soloist(a sub $1000 Jackson) came with Dunlop straplocks.
holy cow nice score
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Thanks everyone. I actually saw Def Leppard last night with Whitesnake and Black Star Riders, which is why I haven't replied until now.

Quote by ryanbwags
Nice. Looks super sweet!

I suppose it's because people like different things. Some use standard holders, some schaller, dunlop etc. I had the straploks around 8 months before I had the guitar just sitting on a shelf.

Quote by Dave_Mc
awesome

Didn't the PC1 used to have a quilted fretboard? not that it affects how good of a guitar it is, of course, i was just curious.

It did, but they've changed it to flamed maple. Mine isn't too figured, but I prefer it to the quilted maple to be honest.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Damn, I want one now.

Oh well, I'll just have to look enviously at Phil's when I see Def Leppard tomorrow night.

He's using a few guitars on this tour. Obviously a couple of PC1's, PC Supreme, (Ibanez?) Destroyer and a fender strat.

Quote by dthmtl3
That looks great, congrats. What do the little switches do?

The switches are for the sustainer. One is for on/off and the other is for harmonic or sustain mode.
Quote by RockGuitarist09

It did, but they've changed it to flamed maple. Mine isn't too figured, but I prefer it to the quilted maple to be honest.

Ah right, thanks. I like both
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Beautiful..and a sustainer as well?

HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 10, 2015,
Quote by RockGuitarist09
Thanks everyone. I actually saw Def Leppard last night with Whitesnake and Black Star Riders, which is why I haven't replied until now.
/snip
He's using a few guitars on this tour. Obviously a couple of PC1's, PC Supreme, (Ibanez?) Destroyer and a fender strat.
/snip

I hope the sound guy wasn't as ass at the show you saw, and didn't drown everyone else out with Vivian's leads.