I have been running a Line 6 DL4 for a long while, but find myself not using it anymore. What are, in your opinions, the best delays ever with a tap tempo feature. I feel like I don't use near as many options on the Dl4 as I could, so please suggest anything from large, lots of option pedals to smaller, more straight forward. Not running on a budget, so let's hear em.
sod tap tempo. buy a deluxe memory man. wash yourself in ambience and listen to rig play itself.
Furnder Turlurcurstur '72 Cursturm
A tuner
RAT!@#?1!
Oloctro Hormonox Doloxo Momory Mon
Fenders Deluxes Reverbs.
TC Electronics Flashback. Perhaps even the x4. It's surprising how useful multiple delays can be.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
on a serious note, which settings DO you use on the DL4. It will give you an idea of which route to go down when buying a none multi functioning delay. The previous poster does have a good point - but the tc electronic flashbacks are basically down the same avenue as the dl4.

So: to answer your original post regarding the 'best' tap tempo delay, i have to be subjective to myself, and extrapolate that the deluxe memory man tt 550 or 1100 would be the 'best'. Analog tones, beat splitting effects loops, whatever - it does it all with old school technology. To be honest though, i switched myself to a very basic setup a while ago and started using exclusively analog delay lines, without tap tempo. I don't miss it, but some might. I am in love with my big box deluxe memory man, but it isn't a tonic of every delay ailment.
Furnder Turlurcurstur '72 Cursturm
A tuner
RAT!@#?1!
Oloctro Hormonox Doloxo Momory Mon
Fenders Deluxes Reverbs.
Last edited by DeviousByNature at Dec 9, 2015,
I have used both of my Fender Mustang Amps together (by split feeding the guitar) to get multiple, doubled, or combined FX blends that sound great and were otherwise unobtainable from one unit.

If I didn't have the two Mustang's, each with 44 on-board FX (Mod, Stomp, Delay, Reverb), I would have spent a whole lot more on out board gear!
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps