hey guys! first off, i own a 2015 usa stratocaster with a rosewood fretboard that i purchased brand new in april of this year. now with that said, my low E string is futher away from the edge of the fretboard compared to the high E, whereas the high E is closer to the edge of the fretboard. how can i straighten / even this out? thanks!
What's the radius? Some look more than others, particularly on a 7.25" fretboard. First suggestion would be to take it to a good tech for a full set-up and ask their opinion, it doesn't sound like it would have left the factory with those issues given it's a USA strat. If the tech/set-up highlights any issues then get in touch with Fender, hopefully the set-up will sort it though.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
What's the radius? Some look more than others, particularly on a 7.25" fretboard. First suggestion would be to take it to a good tech for a full set-up and ask their opinion, it doesn't sound like it would have left the factory with those issues given it's a USA strat. If the tech/set-up highlights any issues then get in touch with Fender, hopefully the set-up will sort it though.

the radius is 9.5" and yes it is an american standard strat
most likely a new nut is needed. check the saddles as well to see if they are leaning to much.

this is NOT my guitar! i am just using it as an example since it does have somewhat the same issue as my guitar.

guitar in picture - notice that the 1st string (high E) is further from the edge of the fretboard than the 6th (low E) string? well my guitar has somewhat the same issue except as i have explained in my first post, the low E string is futher away from the edge of the fretboard compared to the high E, whereas the high E is closer to the edge of the fretboard. sorry if this is confusing.
You can sometimes fix it just by twitching the neck sideways in the neck pocket. Just loosen the strings and neck bolts a little, push the neck sideways until the strings line up properly, then tighten the bolts and strings. Bevery careful that you don't chip any paint off the edge of the neck pocket at the treble side. For added security I would add a piece of coarse abrasive paper, rough side up and stuck down with carpet tape, to the bottom of the neck pocket. This grips the neck very firmly and prevents and sideways slip.

However, depending on circumstances you might want to return it to the shop for a warranty fix.
Last edited by Tony Done at Dec 10, 2015,