There seems to be a technique for creating a very rapid tremolo or fluttering, or vibration effect on notes on the electric guitar but I can't figure out what I'm hearing. Maybe it's a well timed pedal effect, but I'm not convinced they're turning on and off a pedal so briefly for seemingly random notes. So maybe it's some kind of harmonic dissonance or physical disruption of the string.

Some examples are on John Petrucci's Suspended Animation album at the end of Animate-Inanimate a few different times between 10:36 and 10:50. Also briefly during Curve at 2:48 (you hear one of the notes flutter as the tremolo bar bends them). I also just heard this on one note in Morphogenesis by Scar Symmetry on album Holographic Universe at 2:47 (on Spotify). Does anyone know how this is done?
Youll probably find they have a floyd rose. which they hit and can be seen in the end of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvioUodCk2M

I was trying to find a better version of this trick for you but im affraid i have no idea what that video was called or what this trick is called
"If you watch the jaws movie backwards, its about a shark who regurgitates people untill they have to open a beach."
Last edited by dobby240 at Dec 10, 2015,
It's referred to as a "flutter"; you get a Floyd and you either whack the bar lightly or pull on it slightly and let go.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
^ yeah. it normally works better with a good-quality trem. Doesn't have to be a floyd either, wilkinsons and similar will flutter too, but probably not just as much as a floyd.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah. it normally works better with a good-quality trem. Doesn't have to be a floyd either, wilkinsons and similar will flutter too, but probably not just as much as a floyd.

Yup!

Petrucci doesn't uses Floyd Roses and flutters just as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVmq2C5kLoM

Around 00:41 and 00:47