Hello guys,
I would be glad to hear your thoughts about my new project. I decided to paint the whole guitar. Well, the preparation is very boring and long process. I started on Monday and can not finish with the cleaning. I use the sandpaper. On the next step I want to degrease it thoroughly. Then paint. What good guitar paint do you know?
Thanks
Quote by truesamant
Guys, can a usual spray paint work for the guitar? I have two cans of this at home now https://www.mrosupply.com/paint-painting-supplies/spray-paint/1386190_k07904000_krylon/ Is there difference between the guitar spray paint and usual spray paint?

Same stuff. Most guitar manufacturers have traditionally used the same paint that you find on cars, leastways for the last 70 years or so.
Quote by truesamant
Hello guys,
I would be glad to hear your thoughts about my new project. I decided to paint the whole guitar. Well, the preparation is very boring and long process. I started on Monday and can not finish with the cleaning. I use the sandpaper. On the next step I want to degrease it thoroughly. Then paint. What good guitar paint do you know?
Thanks

For me the best paint are polyurethane. Normally you can buy it in special shops where they have stuff for furniture making. The best is two-component polyurethane paint because you can put really thin layer and after dry it is really easy to polishing. Of course car paints are also good but they are not so scratchproof. Two-component paints you can use only with spray gun.
Last edited by bouwer.guitars at Dec 12, 2015,