Okay guys, so I got my first taste of a Rockerverb a few weeks ago when I tried a Rockerverb MKIII 50 combo. It made me rethink my plans of getting a Peavey 6505 and a 2x12, but now I realize there are several versions of RV's on the market. So which should I go for? I've heard some say that each one is better than the other in some kind of way. For what it's worth, I don't have a price limit. I'm kind of leaning towards the MK II 50 head and getting a 2x12 cab. I'd be fine with a 50 watt head, yes? I only play at home.
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)
I know what you mean. It can become confusing. I would make a list of features that are essential for you to have. I found the III to have a lot of features but some I could do without which is why I leaned towards the II. Still waiting to pull the trigger on that one, just a matter of time/money.

I know there are others on here that have a lot more experience that can chime in. I think I remember someone mentioning something about the power tubes in one of the earlier models being different which added to a more unique sound. For me though, I thought that they RV II crossed off all on my list. Not to mention it is a little cheaper now that the III came out.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I'll put it like this: I want to play retro shit and give it a bit of a modern feel (which is why I'm looking at these), the clean channel doesn't have to be the most flexible, the reverb I don't care about since I have a pedal for it, the effects loop has to be good.
6505+ Head
Quote by AsOneIStand
Okay guys, so I got my first taste of a Rockerverb a few weeks ago when I tried a Rockerverb MKIII 50 combo.
It made me rethink my plans of getting a Peavey 6505 and a 2x12, but now I realize there are several versions of RV's on the market. So which should I go for? I've heard some say that each one is better than the other in some kind of way. For what it's worth,
I don't have a price limit.
I'm kind of leaning towards the MK II 50 head and getting a 2x12 cab. I'd be fine with a 50 watt head, yes? I only play at home.

Rockerverb 100 MK III. Duh.

Will replace my MK II with this one when they become more available in the used market.
MKIII all the way, especially if price is no concern. I feel like biggest thing is clean headroom and more available chime (if so desired). Also, to be able to back off the power for less headroom (if desired) is nice. According to some, the MKii series has less clean headroom on the clean channel.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
i like the 50MKI the most (and own one). it has 6V6's instead of el34's, and it is just a little nastier than the others. i haven't tried the MKIII though. FWIW i had a 50MI, 50MKII, and 100mk2 all in front of me demoing them, it was kind of cool actually.

i want an OR50 now though. haha.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i like the 50MKI the most (and own one). it has 6V6's instead of el34's, and it is just a little nastier than the others. i haven't tried the MKIII though. FWIW i had a 50MI, 50MKII, and 100mk2 all in front of me demoing them, it was kind of cool actually.

i want an OR50 now though. haha.

Agree with the nasty part of the 6V6s in the MK I. So much fizz at high gain and quite loose (kept it for less than a week). The 100W version is so much nicer, an opinion.

With the 50 and 100W MK II, you get EL34s stock, with the option to go with 6L6s, KT88s, or 6550s.
So what is the difference in the MK II and MK III? Because if so, I would like a little extra money for other things. It isn't an issue, but if there's really no difference, I'll go with a cheaper option just so I can buy other stuff.
6505+ Head
Okay, don't really care about playing clean that loud. Holy Goddamn. Looks like I'm going cheap fellas.
6505+ Head
By the way, could anyone give me an idea of how a Black Winter-loaded Epiphone Goldtop might sound through one of these babies?
6505+ Head
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i like the 50MKI the most (and own one). it has 6V6's instead of el34's, and it is just a little nastier than the others.

My thoughts also

I haven't tried the MKIII, and only played the MKII once for about an hour.

Quote by AsOneIStand
By the way, could anyone give me an idea of how a Black Winter-loaded Epiphone Goldtop might sound through one of these babies?

Pretty mean through the MKI anyways. I've got all sorts of guitars, and it takes them all very well, but really likes humbuckers.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H