I've made quite a bit of progress the past 9-10 months. But one thing hasn't changed--I can't get a hang of the barred B chord. I'm suprised. Other noobs only seem to bitch about the F Chord but it has posed no issues for me. I've been using the alternate version with the pointer finger on the second fret of the high e, etc. but I'm sick of beating around the bush. Did anyone else have a big issue with this chord? Should I just keep trying for four hours until I eventually get it or is there an easier way? Any input is appreciated. Thanks everyone.
It definitely is a tricky one, and I also found it harder than the F. I sometimes barre 2nd fret on A and e strings and use my other three fingers on the other strings individually, but usually I just use a 4 string power chord and don't worry about the e string as I'm typically playing with some sort of gain and you don't notice it.
I form the chord with the index as the barre, (sorry if that's too obvious), and the ring finger to cover D-4, G-3, & B-2.

The only "trick" per se, is getting the wrist low enough to be able to bend the ring finger away from the finger board, so that you don't mute the high e-2.

However, nobody says that string has to sound, and as the member before me has stated, the bottom 4 strings form an "x5" or "power chord". In fact, before the term "power chord" was even fashionable, my instructor told me if you're going to be just strumming, ease up on the e-1 & B-2. Those were the Telecaster into twin reverb days, and those top two strings could cut you like a knife in the ear...

If the chord has to sound major, then the B-2 supplies the 3rd. So, having the e-1 voice is a bit gratuitous, in the grander musical scheme of things. (It's just another 5th interval).

Once you Sus4 the chord, (for B major that would be the pinkie, 5th fret of B-2) access to e-1 is pretty much physically impossible anyway.

If the barre itself is giving you trouble, you can "reinforce it" by laying the middle finger against it. I got yelled at for saying that is OK to do here once, but it is, and without the need for personal guilt or shame.

Don't know what kind of guitar we're dealing with here, but the fact the F major at the 1st fret isn't giving you trouble, tells me the guitar is properly set up, and you've worked at it.