I'd like some feedback on a song I made. This will be the first of many but it's good to get some opinions early on in case there was a mistake or something else that I should be informed about.

The song is moderately paced but it builds up in epicness... it's reminiscent of the terminator theme but that was not something I imagined while writing it.

Ok thank you!

https://soundcloud.com/mike_byrne/the-looming-essence
Not really epic. The lead guitar was very good and the lead tone was pretty good. I especially liked the independent dual leads. The rhythm guitar tone was not so good. Also too much chugging the same note made it feel like the track was stuck in first gear. The drums sounded bad in terms of both sound and programming.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
Not really epic. The lead guitar was very good and the lead tone was pretty good. I especially liked the independent dual leads. The rhythm guitar tone was not so good. Also too much chugging the same note made it feel like the track was stuck in first gear. The drums sounded bad in terms of both sound and programming.

Sounds like you didn't listen to the whole song.

Can you be more specific about the drums? Why is the programming bad and why does it sound bad?

Did you just want to vent out some frustration on my song or is this genuine criticism?

Also can you link me something for your definition of 'epic' ? Saying it simply "does not sound epic" is not very constructive, thanks!
Why ask for feedback if you're just gonna say "that isn't real feedback"? Where you just expecting 20 people to say "wow man, this is the greatest thing ever" or something?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Dec 13, 2015,
Quote by theogonia777
Why ask for feedback if you're just gonna say "that isn't real feedback"? Where you just expecting 20 people to say "wow man, this is the greatest thing ever" or something?

I think you're trolling now.
Don't mind theogonia777, he/(she?) usually comes across as an asshole/(bitch?) in most posts. I don't know what that's all about...

Anyway, I liked it! I won't say it's perfect, but what is? As far as song structure, I liked the way it got more and more intense as the song went on. This happened just subtly enough that I was aware of it, but it didn't seem forced. I really liked the lead playing and tone, and I think you could get away with a little more volume or presence on those tracks so they stand out a bit more. The rhythm playing was solid, but I felt that if you were to tweak those tracks for a little more clarity or play around with how the bass interacts with the rhythm, the rhythm tone might benefit. The rhythm section just seemed a little muddy. As for the drums, I found no problems with them.

In essence, keep up the good work, and I hope to hear more! I know how much work it is to put together a song like that, and you should be proud of it. Don't let negative comments like those above get you down. I hope my comments were helpful and constructive.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Last edited by KailM at Dec 13, 2015,