It annoys me when I see guitars being sold as a different brand than they are. I think it's deceptive to sell a Squier Strat as a "Stratocaster". Same with Epiphone Les Pauls. Nothing against those instruments, but when I think of LES PAUL I think of Gibson...when I think of Stratocaster I think of Fender. I'm sure not all the sellers are attempting to deceive, but I believe some of them are. A guy would have to be pretty green to see "Squier" on a headstock and still believe it's a Fender...but those people exist.

Another thing that annoys me are the people giving up the guitar after 2 weeks and trying to get more for the guitar than they spent. I don't know how many DR-100s I've seen on Craigslist for $150-200. You could buy one NEW for $109.

What things annoy YOU?
You hate enough to make a thread about it?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Usually the price. (But yeah, the "Squier as Fender, Epi as Gibson" is annoying as well. )

Check your messages.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Ads don't bother me, salesmen do.

They always assume I'm dumber than I am.
My God, it's full of stars!
Nothing at all.

Nothing at all
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by theogonia777
You hate enough to make a thread about it?

Seems like a pretty silly comment in light of the fact that I made a thread about it....
Quote by TobusRex
It annoys me when I see guitars being sold as a different brand than they are. I think it's deceptive to sell a Squier Strat as a "Stratocaster". Same with Epiphone Les Pauls. Nothing against those instruments, but when I think of LES PAUL I think of Gibson...when I think of Stratocaster I think of Fender. I'm sure not all the sellers are attempting to deceive, but I believe some of them are. A guy would have to be pretty green to see "Squier" on a headstock and still believe it's a Fender...but those people exist.

Another thing that annoys me are the people giving up the guitar after 2 weeks and trying to get more for the guitar than they spent. I don't know how many DR-100s I've seen on Craigslist for $150-200. You could buy one NEW for $109.

What things annoy YOU?

ummmm..... Squier Stratocaster or an Epiphone Les Paul are legitimate so what's the problem? they are made by fender and gibson and carry those designations right on the guitar. now if it was another maker then calling the guitar a strat or LP would be wrong and missleading. now i do see CL adds that say fender or gibson when it's the import which is wrong but not the same thing.

dumb buyers is a seperate issue.
Quote by TobusRex
Seems like a pretty silly comment in light of the fact that I made a thread about it....

That's kind of pathetic really. You actually are legitimately upset about a Squier Stratocaster being called a Stratocaster. Are you gonna write your local congressman to complain about it as well?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Arby911 at #33725321
Usually the price. (But yeah, the "Squier as Fender, Epi as Gibson" is annoying as well. )

Check your messages.

The price annoys me, too

Like when it costs more than £10. Jeez I can't afford that I don't care if it's worth £1000, I'll give you damn tenner and that's it, pal
I have nothing important to say
Quote by ElMaco
Nothing at all.

Nothing at all

Stupid sexy Maco.

Quote by Dreadnought
Ads don't bother me, salesmen do.

They always assume I'm dumber than I am.
That's because everything intended for the masses is watered down to gooey digestible niblets that even the "average idiot" can swallow.

Also when they speak in an obviously high pitched overly positive voice that one would normally use to talk to dogs or children. Cos that works. And they open their eyes really wide and say "WOW, DESE ARE GUD TOANS". Never anything constructive.
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
The lack of originality,

If it's an ad for an acoustic guitar it'll either be some country hick with no teeth, or an old guy playing dad rock riffs.

If it's for electric guitar, it'll be some greasy dude with super long hair masturshredding
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by theogonia777
That's kind of pathetic really. You actually are legitimately upset about a Squier Stratocaster being called a Stratocaster. Are you gonna write your local congressman to complain about it as well?

"Upset" and "annoyed' are different words and have, believe it or not, DIFFERENT MEANINGS. If you aren't from an English speaking country kindly take note. If you are from an ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY....kindly buy a dictionary.
I think you need to chill......

Regardless of Kirsten's wording, the end result is still much the same.

Basically this:
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
I hate seeing ads with famous guitar players flogging cheap poorly made guitars that they wouldn't have used even when they were first starting out.

I hate pedal ads where they don't actually mention what the pedal does.

I hate Kijiji/Craigslist ads where the refer to a guitar as a Fender or a Gibson in the title but the guitar is actually a Squier or an Epiphone. I don't mind Fender Squier or Gibson Epiphone.

I hate Kijiji/Craigslist ads where the people ask more than retail for their stuff or when the ask a premium price for a guitar without showing a pic of the headstock and body so you can do some research.

Wow seems like I am filled with hate tonight.
"We all have idols. Play like anyone you care about but try to be yourself while you're doing so." - BB King

"The thrill is being able to do it...even if you play it badly" - The Edge.

8 Guitars, 4 Amps, 3 Multi Pedals...and never done!
Last edited by ppiluk at Dec 11, 2015,
Quote by ppiluk
I hate seeing ads with famous guitar players flogging cheap poorly made guitars that they wouldn't have used even when they were first starting out.
brian may does not use his signature amp

evh does not use the new 5150 od at least i do not think

uh lots more examples somewhere

hendrix doesn't use his siganture amp either
Quote by ppiluk

I hate pedal ads where they don't actually mention what the pedal does.

I hate Kijiji/Craigslist ads where the refer to a guitar as a Fender or a Gibson in the title but the guitar is actually a Squier or an Epiphone. I don't mind Fender Squier or Gibson Epiphone.

I hate Kijiji/Craigslist ads where the people ask more than retail for their stuff or when the ask a premium price for a guitar without showing a pic of the headstock and body so you can do some research.

Wow seems like I am filled with hate tonight.

You said it all much better than I did. Kudos.
Quote by Fat Lard
This guy

Ahhh...Good ol' Fuck Face. Most of the regulars here are probably too new to remember this guy
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
^I still remember when that was pretty much spammed around the forums at the same frequency of "Whammy without a whammy bar" and "what you need is a new amp"

Ahhh, nostalgia
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
He has perfect pitch, duh. You'd be that happy too. I'm almost that happy and all I have is relative pitch.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
an epiphone les paul is a les paul though -- how can you be mad that they call it a les paul?