Page 1 of 2
Depends on where the small rural town is. If it's in Turkey I'd say your chance of getting shawarma would be excellent. Indiana....not so much.
Make your own. All you need to do is get a wrap and wrap stuff up in it.

Edit: This seems to be the same thing as a kebab. So just get a bunch of meat, keep it heated and chuck it in a pitta or something, it's that simple.
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Dec 11, 2015,
Quote by Godsmack_IV at #33725391
the library is small and has a poor selection

Build a bigger library then you lazy git. "But I can't afford to do that" I hear you cry.
Well get some money then. And give me some of those $$$ for giving you such excellent advice.
I have nothing important to say
I can work on a grant proposal for you.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I grew up and have lived in tiny towns pretty much my whole life,

The ignorance of the communities can be mind blowing. They bitch and moan about people never buying local, yet the local shops jack their prices up to ridiculous amounts.

They get involved in "Community projects", for example, when I was in year 12 at high school, I was selected as part of a "youth ambassador program" to assist kids who might be having a hard time due to the massive drought Australia was going through at the time. We did a really lavish two day training course, and then pretty much it was never spoken of after that.

Small towns suck.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I used to live in a small town.

There were a lot of Middle Eastern and South Asian refugees in the nearest big city though so we did get shawarma. There was also a Afghani/Indian/Nepali restaurant which was really good.
cat
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I grew up and have lived in tiny towns pretty much my whole life,

The ignorance of the communities can be mind blowing. They bitch and moan about people never buying local, yet the local shops jack their prices up to ridiculous amounts.
Small towns suck.

I think the hypocrisy of small town business people is mind boggling. They crow on and on about "free enterprise", but when WalMart comes to town and gives them competition they beg for the government to ban WalMart from communities. Hell, WalMart is a BOON to those smaller communities because all those small town businesses are so ridiculously expensive. Yeah, WalMart may kill those greedy business owners, but the other 95% of the population are enjoying the benefits (low prices, greater selection) that WalMart brings.

I'm a WalMart hater, btw, but people need to face reality.
I live in rural UK, everyone's on coke
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
I can relate to this. I live in a modest size city surrounded by a bunch of redneck rural towns. We try to keep them out but they just keep coming back in. It sucks.
I've never had shawarma, but occasionally in my small community, we would sacrifice a few lambs to the rain gods: so we could have a bountiful harvest.
Xbox Live: DeSquared94
PSN: desquared94
Quote by TobusRex
I think the hypocrisy of small town business people is mind boggling. They crow on and on about "free enterprise", but when WalMart comes to town and gives them competition they beg for the government to ban WalMart from communities. Hell, WalMart is a BOON to those smaller communities because all those small town businesses are so ridiculously expensive. Yeah, WalMart may kill those greedy business owners, but the other 95% of the population are enjoying the benefits (low prices, greater selection) that WalMart brings.

I'm a WalMart hater, btw, but people need to face reality.

Said it much better than I did

But yeah, they sook and moan about the competition and expect my tax dollars to bail them out for their lack of business acumen.

A girl in high school who had a massive crush on me now manages a book shop in my hometown, which is a doomed enterprise to begin with, kept posting statuses about supporting local business and all that stuff, so one day I just commented that they shouldn't make it $30 for a paperback book and they might be ok.......she wasn't happy
Quote by The_Blode
All I know is, there is a guy I see every morning before my commute and he's always on the way to look for money for his fix...so much for quiet surburban life...

Suburban life and small rural town life are two totally different things, until you've lived in a town with a population of less than 200 people, you probably can't grasp how bleak it can be.

Living in a small rural town is almost like having this video and soundtrack play on repeat all day every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NlCSWzVhDM
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Dec 12, 2015,
I live in a village where the light pollution is so low that curtains aren't actually necessary to block out light at night. It gets to a borderline eigengrau. Along with the farms and the small pub that sells Lagavulin... I love it.

If it weren't for the overabundance of old people and the nearest town being a dull, neoliberal dystopia I'd consider a short future there myself.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
The worst is all the yuppies out here actively trying to live a redneck lifestyle

Like bruh I've known you since grade school you used to be a skater boy don't act like you're some cowboy going mudding in the truck your rich parents bought for you gtfo
At least you can write songs about getting out of this town someday.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
^ That vein has been mined to death......

In my old hometown, it's actually depressing watching people never amount to anything, where all they do is just cut laps up and down the main street and get drunk in the park
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica at #33726619

Suburban life and small rural town life are two totally different things, until you've lived in a town with a population of less than 200 people, you probably can't grasp how bleak it can be.

That sounds peak as hell

The shithole I've lived in since May has 6657 people and I'm already bored of it. Get me back to York pls.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

The only York worth living in is New hmu
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
nah, too loud and obnoxious and fumy

not to mention the abundance of yanks

Very few of you know what a small town is

My town has 750-800~ ppl. With close to 80~ that only live here when they're working (roughly two weeks here, one week gone)

Don't have any kind of shopping or food place (asides from a small family owned restaurant)

in the states you drive like 30min bam new town

2 hours just to drive to the next town for something like mcdonalds or subway. biggest luxury is walmart, over there

and even then, there are smaller towns too so a town of 2000ppl isn't small
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Last edited by skylerjames13 at Dec 12, 2015,
Quote by i_lovemetallica

Living in a small rural town is almost like having this video and soundtrack play on repeat all day every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NlCSWzVhDM

Damn I thought Kirkcaldy was bad. Well, time to look on the brighter side of life. Except I can't, the sun abandoned Scotland. At least Australia has sun?

By the way, that video brings me the most evil of joy.
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
Quote by sasquatchjosh96
. At least Australia has sun?

By the way, that video brings me the most evil of joy.

It's one of my favourite videos

We do have sun, but it's just too freakin' hot all the time. I wish we had snow here.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
It's one of my favourite videos

We do have sun, but it's just too freakin' hot all the time. I wish we had snow here.

Believe it or not Scotland hasn't really had snow for years. At least my part hasn't. I think all the littering and racism melts it
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
Quote by bassdrum
cops are always bored
Maybe that's why they can't get off their arses and do anything. Too busy writing their names.
I've never heard of shawarma but it looks pretty good. Now I'm hungry and there isn't shit to eat at my house.

Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33726664
The worst is all the yuppies out here actively trying to live a redneck lifestyle

Like bruh I've known you since grade school you used to be a skater boy don't act like you're some cowboy going mudding in the truck your rich parents bought for you gtfo

So many poser rednecks around here, god I hate them. Wearing flannel shirts, owning an unnecessarily large truck and listening butt-country doesn't make you a redneck.
Quote by skylerjames13 at #33726695
Very few of you know what a small town is

I think you'll find that I do

My town has 750-800~ ppl. With close to 80~ that only live here when they're working (roughly two weeks here, one week gone)

try less than 50 people in the town itself

Don't have any kind of shopping or food place (asides from a small family owned restaurant)

we have a pub and a shop/post office

in the states you drive like 30min bam new town

ours are a bit closer but not much larger than each other for about an hour's drive

2 hours just to drive to the next town for something like mcdonalds or subway. biggest luxury is walmart, over there
there are 2 cities near me with fast food restaurants, one is 126 kms from the other

and even then, there are smaller towns too so a town of 2000ppl isn't small

that is a large town by what I know.
I literally live by myself in the woods. It's just me and the squirrels, y'all don't know what a true small town is.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by Pastafarian96 at #33727479

do you need owt else?

Back in high school, I overheard one of my classmates say that we live in a small town. Our population is about 11,000.
Free Ali
Quote by Pastafarian96
I think you'll find that I do

try less than 50 people in the town itself

ours are a bit closer but not much larger than each other for about an hour's drive

there are 2 cities near me with fast food restaurants, one is 126 kms from the other

that is a large town by what I know.

That is why I said very few of you, cause I know there is bound to be a few people that live in a minuscule town

An hour isn't much to drive to get to a city. To get to a city, I have to drive 800km. You can easily spend a day in the city, two hours for a round trip. To go to the next town over that has only has mcdicks subway and walmart, it's a 4 hour round trip. That's a quarter of your day (being awake, assuming 8 for sleep)

My town is very lucky to have what it has, considering it's size
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Page 1 of 2