Has anybody played a Hovercraft Dwarvenaut? I love the voicing on these amps and the price is right. But everything I read about them says they are crazy loud. In Hovercraft's demo video the amp makes the camera shake at half volume. Are these at all usuable in the 60 to 80 dB range? Or is the Dwarvenaut just for playing with a band?
Quote by jpnyc
Has anybody played a Hovercraft Dwarvenaut? I love the voicing on these amps and the price is right. But everything I read about them says they are crazy loud. In Hovercraft's demo video the amp makes the camera shake at half volume. Are these at all usuable in the 60 to 80 dB range? Or is the Dwarvenaut just for playing with a band?

It'll sound fine at lower volumes. 80dB is about as loud as your alarm clock, are you sure you only want that much volume?
Hovercraft are currently going through some shit though, down to a one man operation right now, so isid keep that in mind if you are thinking of grabbin one
I don't play that quietly often, but sometimes I want to play at 1am when my kids are asleep. And I want to be sure this isn't one of those amps that jumps to 100dB if I breathe on the volume knob.