I'm looking for some sort of pre-amp/mixer for my acoustic. My guitar has a Fishman Rare Earth Blend, which is a mic and magnetic pickup system that comes out stereo into two mono cables. I want something with at least 3 channels in case I add another pickup down the road, and can adjust the gain and EQ of each source separately. If possible, being able to apply effects pedals to only certain pickups AFTER their eq and whatnot, would be really nice, applying effects to something that's already EQ'd is much better than the other way around, and I don't want certain effects being applied to certain pickups (eg having the mic go through a super octave or a distortion pedal would be a feedback nightmare), but it's not mandatory. And the smaller the better, I want to be able to use this whenever and wherever I play live, so a huge mixer isn't really ideal.

Something like this http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/t1_tonematch/page.html but the whole tone matching thing I don't need, and I'd like to keep it under AU$500, $300-$400 preferably.

Any products, brands or places to look would be appreciated.
Quote by Fat Lard
post of the year, thank you
Something like that Behringer might work, I use a Xenyx1202 for my acoustic onstage, it works pretty well. Don't have the exact model number, but it's a 12 channel version of the same thing. Effects are pretty decent, good clean sound, small enough to carry in my wire bag. Mine is in a metal housing too, not the plastic they use in some so it doesn't have the cheap plastic feel some of their stuff does. Overall I like it, haven't had any trouble with it at all.

To run it into an amp or PA, use the left main output, I think it's marked mono. That's pretty standard, the left channel is usually the one used for mono. Mine has close to 100 preset effects, I found a couple that work pretty well. Usually I just use a short delay.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Yeah, the 802 is the 8-channel version of Pete's amp. There's also a 10-channel, and a 5-channel w/ some limited features. They all share the same manual (here).
That actually looks really nice, pretty cheap too. Since channel 3/4 and 4/5 are stereo channels, would you be able to use them as mono channels, or does it have to be stereo? Since I would have (at some point in the future) 3 different pickup sources, all being mono, would that work? Or would I have to rewire the pickup for stereo and have two cables meet at the stereo channel? This is going to be my first mixer so I'm new to this.
Quote by Fat Lard
In the manual I linked, it says you can use the Left channels on the Stereo inputs as mono inputs.
Quote by lmychajluk
In the manual I linked, it says you can use the Left channels on the Stereo inputs as mono inputs.

Cool, just ordered one too. Thanks for the help
Quote by Fat Lard
Just an update, got the 802 and it's great. Got it for around $100, does everything I need, and have been slowly setting up my sound. Nice, small and simple. Getting my multiple sources and all the effects I use to work together, and be comfortable in reproducing such results consistently live, is going to take some time though.
Quote by Fat Lard