Hey hey,

Just wondering if anybody can pinpoint me the fx that the 1975 use on their riffs on songs like M.O.N.E.Y and Pressure to get that kind of warbly, muted 80s pop sound? I think it might be a compression pedal but not sure?


The warble sounds like a wah. Pressure sounds like it's got some reverb going on.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Pressure sounds like it's got some reverb going on.

My immediate impression was possibly a slapback delay kind of thing, but I'm becoming ever less sure.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Having said that listening to pedal demos it does sound like you do get that out of the wah, cheers @maidenheadsteve