Hello. So I recently dropped my 60's Tribute Les Paul. Well, it was more like it fell out of stall. It's not like it happens often to me, but it sometimes does and it was not a big fall at all, however I noticed one change: the first string is making buzzing sound and after some observation I can tell it literally lies on the first fret.
Do anybody have any idea what could've happen and how to fix it? There's no visible damage whatsoever.
Check your nut - it may have broken. That's really the only thing that I can think of.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Yep, either the nut is broken or the first fret could have popped loose. I can't think of anything else either.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
for the future buy strap locks like Schaller or dunlop sells , they are like 10-30$ for quality ones but it beats paying guitar tech fees or a broken neck on a set neck guitar
Quote by Tallwood13
for the future buy strap locks like Schaller or dunlop sells , they are like 10-30$ for quality ones but it beats paying guitar tech fees or a broken neck on a set neck guitar

What will that help?
First I suggest that you try looking at the nut and saddles to ensure that the string did not simply slip off at either end, or otherwise sustain nut damage as was previously mentioned.

The other possible damage, which is much more upsetting, could be that the neck split and now the nut lies lower in relation to the fingerboard/frets but is otherwise not broken all the way through. This sounds less likely to me.