Hi guys, Im interested in buying a new guitar. I would consider myself a decent player but when it comes to guitar buying im very unexperienced. Currently i've only owned 2 guitars, a behringer strat that came bundled with an amp and my current one which is an Ibanez GRG170DX. I bought the Ibanez in my home country of Costa Rica where instrument prices are very different to the prices in the US, but from what ive read online my GRG170DX costs around $300. I'm currently looking for a new guitar and the models that have caught my attention are the Ibanez RG450DX and the Schecter Omen Extreme 6 which are around $400. The problem is that i don't know if these guitars are enough of an upgrade compared to my current guitar to justify spending the money. Should I go for it or should I save up a bit more money? Thanks, sorry for the bad english.
Your English is good enough, don't worry!

I think the first thing I'd upgrade is the amp, unless your guitars are falling apart.

I love buying guitars: they're sexy, they project an image, they have a feel against your body and your hands. But amps are the foundation of your tone. They dictate how good or bad all of your gear will sound.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
It depends on what you're trying to do. Are you trying to get a better tone? Start with getting a new amp. Do you want a guitar that is better to play? Then look into a guitar.

The Schecter Omen 6 and RG450DX have a bolt on neck; if you are really looking for an "upgrade" you want something with a set neck.