i plan on buying a scalloped neck soon for my 2007 mim strat but i do not know where to buy one or the proper measurements for a mim neck. would it be cheaper to just get the neck im using now scalloped or would i be better off buying a new neck?
if it's a rosewood fretboard try and do it yourself, unless you go through the entire fretboard that is the only way you've messed up. Besides that just like soldering in new electronics or painting a guitar it's art, sounds stupid but getting a consistent job is an art form with this doing it yourself.

on one hand it's 10-20$ a fret in canada to get it done, so a 22 fret neck that would have cost me about 220$ give or take minimum, this was 5-10 years ago too. This is why I said it may be better to do it yourself. A rasp, some sand paper , tape and a lot of patience. I've done 10 necks myself the best pieces of advice I can give you for rosewood as maple I'll cover next is to be really patient, take your time, do all the prep work needed, it's like painting a house you don't want to do extra work cleaning the floor or whatever. Count the amount of passes by on each fret and if you're as meticulous as I am compare the frets. My best advice for a good scallop is to be minimalistic you only need a tiny bit of wood taken not like the horror shows on google; this is no guarantee but if you don't go through the side markers the inlays should survive. If not inlay decal stickers I highly recommend. With rosewood when you're done sand the fretboard with a fine grade of sand paper like 600+ to get the shine back. Besides that a bit of lemon oil and polish the frets with micro mesh and it'll look like new.

maple fretboards, honestly better to get a pro to do it or buy a new neck because re-applying wood finish may be a problem. Point and case look at the YJM play loud reproduction strat on google. You cough the wrong way and it gets dirty. I scalloped two maple necks maximum and wouldnt again.

scalloped necks are on ebay for 70-100$ (us dollar) for cheap ones, the last one i had which was a copy of a YJM one , scale length and woods and a large headstock the only down side was the scalloping wasn't consistent fret to fret some were cut deeper than others on the fretboard.

maybe a slightly more expensive neck on ebay that matches your scale length and all, ask the ebay seller and see what happens as I'm actually not sure which sites would sell them, luckily the aftermarket on ebay is kind to us.

On the positive side of things I highly recommend a scalloped fretboards, my two main guitars are like it. Start off slightly thicker in string gauge but because you're so encouraged to bend and vibratto you'll tend to get your knuckles or wrist flaring up so 8-38 , 9-42 or 10-46 maximum I'd use on one. The only issue I had with scalloped fretboards on guitars with jumbo frets was sliding the notes but besides that it's just another neck to you after an hour or so. The only con is if you fret hard the notes go sharp/flat.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Dec 13, 2015,
Tallwood has excellent advice. If you have money for a new one (up to around around $450 all said and done) Warmoth makes scalloped necks that I hear are very high quality.

Edit: check out warmoth's already made section...more reasonable prices
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Scallop it yourself. That's how I got my start; a $5-$10 quarter round file from your local hardware shop and a few sheets of sandpaper is all you need. There's plenty of good guides online, and believe me it's not difficult; I've done it many times both on necks that were already built and necks I built from scratch.
yep another vote for do it yourself (how I also got start in the making my own guitars addiction). There are lots of videos on utube to get ya started. If you use the side dots as a reference point not much can go wrong

as Tallwood said if its rosewood then its easy, maple not so much...just takes a lot longer because the wood is so hard