I have a fender super champ x2 and noticed on Amazon that they sell a cover for it. I hadn't really thought about a cover or case because this is my home practice amp that will never leave the house. But, if it will keep it looking new and the front mesh clean then I will pick one up.

So, do you have a cover on your amp when not in use?
I don't but I think it's rare to cover amps other than for putting them away in storage or taking them places. Besides, some people PAY to make their guitars look beaten up. The "vintage fade" amp time is NIGH!
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
Always! The 64 Super Reverb still looks great.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I have road cases for my amps that I often beat around, to save the shell and tubes some heartache, but there's not really much point of a dust cover if you're just leaving it at the house; and not storing it long term.

If you can't justify a road case, dust covers can still be nice for transport, especially if it's raining or snowing.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
I have 2 furry dogs- an amp cover is a must.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I have 2 furry dogs- an amp cover is a must.

Good point.. I didn't think about that. I think I'm gonna grab one just for that reason and it's only $18.
Oh yeah, didn't consider pets. Still, I'd let the fur go in the amp, I hear it gives the distortion a bit more "bark".

The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
Smells bad when it hits those tubes, though...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Smells bad when it hits those tubes, though...
I do love it when the jam room has that "microwaved dog" smell to it.
(I actually love dogs, just born with a dark sense of humour)
Its really dusty where I live so all my gear gets covered up when not in use.
I just took this picture for you bastards...

That Mesa that Spongebob is looking at belongs to someone else and is here for repairs.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Dec 13, 2015,
I got a few black cotton tarps/table covers that I used when I worked in catering, that usually covers my amps now.

For the most part covers are not needed unless you get something plastic that could save you while transporting the amp in rainy weather.
I got one with my Twin and it's big enough and unwilling-enough-to-fold that it'd be inconvenient to store it anywhere but on the amp
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
They are so cheap it is a false economy not to use them. Particularly if you have a cat, they seem to love clawing speaker cloth. It stops dust getting in as well. That said I only have them on my amps which are "resting" or when transporting them in the car. I don't like covering a hot amp so to switch off and then come back later to cover the amp would be a pain on amps I'm using all the time.
Please note: The above comments are based on my experience, and may represent my perception of that experience. This may not be accurate and, subject to the style of music you play, may be irrelevant or wrong.
no pets and i keep my room clean hardly anyone goes in here and if they do its far away from the amp 99% of the time. I never cover it and play through it daily so it doesn't really get dusty either (just the occasional wipe down once every couple months)

That said if I had pets again or if there were people in my room all the time it would be covered, something I used to do religiously when I had a dog or was living in a dorm.
Do you use an amp cover?

Yes/no. Where I have them, I use them. I have three cats and so far (knocks on wood) none of them has decided that an amp is a scratching post. Otherwise I might have to decide that a cat is lunch.
I just got a second hand Randall cab, and the guy that sold it to me made a simple cardboard cover for it. Just used ducktape and carbord, and i think it works just as well as any dust cover that you can buy
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I absolutely always use an amp cover.

It's fine if it never leaves the house. But if you're hauling it to band practise every week and to gigs, it most definitely going to get a few dings along the way if you don't cover it.

My DSL40c is in and out of the house at least once a week and still looks brand new.

Chances are you might want to take it out of the house for a jam/gig sooner or later so it's always a worthwhile investment.
Last edited by Goochster at Dec 14, 2015,
Other than a road case for my AC30 and a HH electronic padded cover for my HH IC100S (which naturally fits all the other HH heads, too), which just happened to be included with the amps - no, I don't have covers for my amps. Being in the UK where it's always raining, I really should have covers for everything that I use regularly. But I use different amps for different things. So buying covers for all of them would be quite expensive...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by bevans555
I have a fender super champ x2 and noticed on Amazon that they sell a cover for it. I hadn't really thought about a cover or case because this is my home practice amp that will never leave the house. But, if it will keep it looking new and the front mesh clean then I will pick one up.

So, do you have a cover on your amp when not in use?

i do not but i probably should. our cat leaves "things" on it.