Hey guys, i recently acquired a Ibanez Iceman and i can't find any anything about it online. The closest i could find was that it's Korean made. I really just want to know what kind of pick ups it comes with stock and a price to see if i was ripped off. Thanks for any help in advance.
Most Ibanez guitars have pretty bad pickups stock, so you might want to look into changing them at some time.

How much did you pay for it?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
With a few exceptions Ibanez pickups are nto that great. Those that have DiMarzios are good. And the Super 58 pickups I have in my Artist are decent. The Infinity pickups in my S421 are pretty hot but they are not that good sounding. ( I could see some hardcore metal guys liking them) What year is it you might be able to cross reference it to a back issue catalog they have those on the Ibanez website.
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/index.html
Last edited by Zhaezzy at Dec 13, 2015,
N1, icemen are getting harder to come by. If you can get away with playing an ibanez with dimarzios in a store and bringing your iceman for comparison that's the best way of deciding whether or not you need better pickups. Doesn't matter TOO much if it's quite a swanky ibanez, the only thing really changing the sound is the pickup so as long as you hone in on nothing but the sound it's still an accurate comparison.
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
Quote by Robbgnarly
Most Ibanez guitars have pretty bad pickups stock, so you might want to look into changing them at some time.

How much did you pay for it?

I paid $300 for it. I was thinking about getting Duncan SH-6 Distortion pickups for the bridge but, I'm not sure what pickups came with the guitar.
Last edited by brentdalziel at Dec 13, 2015,
Quote by brentdalziel
I paid $300 for it. I was thinking about getting Duncan SH-6 Distortion pickups for the bridge but, I'm not sure what pickups came with the guitar.

I'd just get the new pickups and if it has mini pots, change them also to full sized pots.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Have pics?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by Robbgnarly
I'd just get the new pickups and if it has mini pots, change them also to full sized pots.

Can you explain what a mini/full sized pot is?
Quote by brentdalziel
Can you explain what a mini/full sized pot is?

These are pots:

The things that your guitar knobs are attached to.

In most common guitar circuits, they're used to either reduce volume or adjust tone (depending on the guitar setup) although they can be wired up to do lots of things.

Mini pots are just smaller versions of pots. They both function the same. IIRC People prefer working on the bigger ones since the smaller pots are more susceptible to heat damage from soldering.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Your image attachment didn't work. Easy questions, how many knobs does it have, does it have a pickguard, what color is it and what kind of inlays does it have?

EDIT: Nevermind, you have a ICX series. The pickups on those were never good. I'd say if you paid anything more than $150 to $200 you spent too much. These ones aren't exactly desirable because they were different to the regular IC series Icemans derived from the Ibanez Artist 2663. Smaller and the shape was rounded off in a lot of places.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Dec 14, 2015,
Quote by TheStig1214
Your image attachment didn't work. Easy questions, how many knobs does it have, does it have a pickguard, what color is it and what kind of inlays does it have?

EDIT: Nevermind, you have a ICX series. The pickups on those were never good. I'd say if you paid anything more than $150 to $200 you spent too much. These ones aren't exactly desirable because they were different to the regular IC series Icemans derived from the Ibanez Artist 2663. Smaller and the shape was rounded off in a lot of places.

Yeah, i guess i was ripped off a bit. Im happy with it though, it sounds a whole lot better than my Warlock and i really like the way the body looks. Could you recommend any pickups? That seems like the only thing that i really need to upgrade at the moment. Daron Malakian from System of a Down heavily influenced me to play guitar and im looking to get somewhere near the way his guitar sounds.
Quote by brentdalziel
Yeah, i guess i was ripped off a bit. Im happy with it though, it sounds a whole lot better than my Warlock and i really like the way the body looks. Could you recommend any pickups? That seems like the only thing that i really need to upgrade at the moment. Daron Malakian from System of a Down heavily influenced me to play guitar and im looking to get somewhere near the way his guitar sounds.

Well if you like Daron Malakian than that was the same Iceman his signature model was based off of (or the other way around, not sure).

Daron has the Ibanez AH set in there, which were common standard pickups for Iceman guitars in the 90s/early 2000s. My IC 300 had the AH 1 and 2. They are mid-output pickups and the bridge has an Alnico 5, neck has ceramic.

What amp are you using?
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Well if you like Daron Malakian than that was the same Iceman his signature model was based off of (or the other way around, not sure).

Daron has the Ibanez AH set in there, which were common standard pickups for Iceman guitars in the 90s/early 2000s. My IC 300 had the AH 1 and 2. They are mid-output pickups and the bridge has an Alnico 5, neck has ceramic.

What amp are you using?

Im currently using a Marshall DSL40C