Hey guys! Alright so, I am looking for a good wah pedal, and I'm torn between the Slash signiture Crybaby, the Dimebag Darrel signiture Crybaby from hell, and the Slash signiture Crybaby! Which would be a better option and which of the three is more versatile? Which has more to it? Thanks!
The slash one is just a normal crybaby painted red with an added bad sounding distortion.
I wouldn't go for that.
I wouldn't really go for any of these, and if I had to choose I'd go for the dimebag one.
The bypass circuit in both of them sounds bad and even when engaged they don't sound stellar.

Why are you only considering these?
Unless you're going for the "parked wah" sound you will wanna look into the morley wah's.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
The slash one is just a normal crybaby painted red with an added bad sounding distortion.
I wouldn't go for that.
I wouldn't really go for any of these, and if I had to choose I'd go for the dimebag one.
The bypass circuit in both of them sounds bad and even when engaged they don't sound stellar.

Why are you only considering these?
Unless you're going for the "parked wah" sound you will wanna look into the morley wah's.

Mostly price range! I had asked around at a few local guitar stores and they suggested these for the price. Do you know of something super versatile that's around that price range? No more than say, $100? I will have to wait to get something super expensive and nice for a while, what would you reccomend? Also, what do you mean by "parked wah"? Never heard the term before! Thanks man! Appreciate it!
Last edited by H4X0R46 at Dec 13, 2015,
The Morley Maverick mini wah is in that price range. It's basically a Bad Horsie in a smaller package.
By parking the wah he means being able to set it in one position and walk away with it remaining there.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.Xmorley+mav.TRS0&_nkw=morley+maverick&_sacat=0
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Dec 14, 2015,
The Ibanez Weeping Demon can be had in that range also and gives you a lot of bang for your buck in regards to it's potential tonal variations.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
The Dimebag Wah great, also it's made in the USA.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Last edited by Guitar137335 at Dec 15, 2015,
I found a used dime wah on ebay for 60 dollars and it has worked well for me.
ESP Iron Cross Sig model, Fernandes RetroRocket Sunburst, Taylor 214CE, Peavey XXX Super 40, DimeBag Crybaby from Hell, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, MXR Chorus, and a Flashback Delay and Looper.
I like my Dime wah a lot, more versatile than the options you listed. If you find that you can discernibly notice tone loss (I personally can't), than the MXR MC401 is a similarly versatile option that can occasionally be had for under $100.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by KillRoy Ver 3.0
The Ibanez Weeping Demon can be had in that range also and gives you a lot of bang for your buck in regards to it's potential tonal variations.

I have one of these. It's sitting in a box getting old. While it is probably the world's most versatile wah, it sounds like complete crap. If I had it to do over, I would have gotten a standard crybaby instead (or perhaps the model with the Q control).

I ended up getting a CAE though so all is well.
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
Yeah I have a Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah and it was $65 used, had it on my board for well over 3 years now and no issues
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Whats wrong with a standard crybaby? Anyway, I'd go with the dime. I don't recommend the weeping demon, I think it sounds terrible.I tried for days to make that thing sound good, but the best sound I ever got out of it was the cha ching of a cash register when I sold it.

Never played a Morley, so no opnion on that.
Quote by whiteouteyes
Whats wrong with a standard crybaby? Anyway, I'd go with the dime. I don't recommend the weeping demon, I think it sounds terrible.I tried for days to make that thing sound good, but the best sound I ever got out of it was the cha ching of a cash register when I sold it.

Never played a Morley, so no opnion on that.

Whats wrong with a standard crybaby?

nothing sonically. it and the vox sound great. mechanically though there's that noisy switch button and the clariostat that wears out. i've worn out three clariostats on a cb before getting a first gen morely bad horsie when it came out. 3 clariostats at $45 each (in the 80's) = more then the cost of the whole pedal and a bottle of tylenol.

other then the treadle, the morey has no moving parts. only thing that needs replacing is the battery and if you get a wall wart not even that.

versatile? aside from some tonal adjustability, what more does a wah need to do? cook bacon? imo, if you need more get a whammy pedal.
Last edited by ad_works at Dec 16, 2015,
Quote by ad_works
Whats wrong with a standard crybaby?

nothing sonically. it and the vox sound great. mechanically though there's that noisy switch button and the clariostat that wears out. i've worn out three clariostats on a cb before getting a first gen morely bad horsie when it came out. 3 clariostats at $45 each (in the 80's) = more then the cost of the whole pedal and a bottle of tylenol.

Really?
I've had my crybaby nearly 10 years, used it heavily, and I haven't had to replace anything
I DID rip out the buffer and make it true bypass, as well as some tone mods and added a Q control, but everything else is stock.
Morleys have one of the best buffers in the game.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Thanks everyone for all your input! Much appreciated! I weighed my options and ordered the Dime CryBaby From Hell! As for the Morley, I may check em out and see how good they are! Thank everybody!