Hi,

I have a new G&L Legacy, with quite a thick neck (G&L #3). It looks like the fretboard "sits" quite far high from the body (see images).

My questions are:

How does it affect sound? Resonance?
Is it prone to affect playability, or is it just something that I need to get used to?

Thanks!
Attachments:
DSC_0204 (Custom).JPG
DSC_0203 (Custom).JPG
Last edited by danglam at Dec 14, 2015,
Quote by danglam
Hi,

I have a new G&L Legacy, with quite a thick neck (G&L #3). It looks like the fretboard "sits" quite far high from the body (see images).

My questions are:

How does it affect sound? Resonance?
Is it prone to affect playability, or is it just something that I need to get used to?

Thanks!

It should be fine, as long as the saddles have enough height adjustment in them.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by danglam
Hi,

I have a new G&L Legacy, with quite a thick neck (G&L #3). It looks like the fretboard "sits" quite far high from the body (see images).!

It really makes no significant difference. Some guitars have no body at all below the strings.

No, seriously:

For me it is not tone, but more playability as I do not like my right arm to be in mid-air but rather resting on the body. As a result I like a low-angle neck that sits fairly low off the body (Les Paul necks sit with too high of an angle for my preference, but Strats get closer to my ideal)
Yeah it looks fine. about the same on my G&L
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate