For those of you who do not live at home, how often do you call your parents? My mom gets pissed if I go more than a week without calling her, which I usually don't. I'd say about once every two weeks on average. But she always makes me feel guilty and says, "Call me tomorrow."

like what am I gonna say to you tomorrow that I didn't just say? unless something noteworthy happens (but it's my life we're talkin' 'bout so yea right)
At home, every day. At university... once a week, maybe? I'm not very good at keeping contacts and I'm a little arbitrary when it comes to doing to. Probably a 'bad child' thing to do, I just don't have much to say at times.
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
Quote by Banjocal
I just don't have much to say at times.

Right? My life may be boring right now, but even in my prime I probably could have explained everything going on in my life with one or two short phone calls. I don't like having detailed conversations over the phone.
Quote by whywefight
I feel bad for not often talking to my dad but I just don't know what to say to him

That's okay, I'm fine with you not calling me.
Free Ali
When I wasn't living at home my mom would text me goodnight like every single night so I guess once a day like a good child

Now that I'm back at home my parents are the only people I even talk to really it's kinda sad
I never physically speak to my mum apart from the times I'm back home (maybe twice a year).
We message random shit every few days on whatsapp but it's not chats about life or whatever like I expect normal people do.
More like "snow here now.."
'not here, it's warm'

*nothing else for 5 days*

"that house down the road is for sale"
'cool'

*nothing else for 8 days*

repeat
Last edited by sam b at Dec 14, 2015,
once or twice a week. I go eat with them couple times a month, and they usually need help with something around the house. I see 'em enough.
I talk to my mom a couple times a week, on average.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I call my parents every day. I think the longest I've gone without talking to either of them is 3 days.
cat
I see my parents once a week, which is enough for me.
They have both wanted grandchildren for a while, and since I've become a dad they come around quite often to see my son. If they come over I sometimes hide upstairs and tell the wife to tell them that I'm not home.
two or three times a month tops. it's important to wean your parents off of you a little bit :P
and harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene
I live with them but we don't talk very often. If one of us needs to communicate a practical piece of information, we do so. Although I haven't spoken to my mom in like 4 months.
My mom probably at least once a week. I never call just to like talk about whatever it's usually to talk about something specific. Never call my dad but I probably see them in person like 2-3 times a month maybe more and when I see them it's usually for a couple days. We have a good relationship so I enjoy seeing them a good amount.
I called my mommy just to chat this morning.

I usually call about once a week with some random texts in between. I live like 25-30 minutes away so I see them fairly often. Every other week or so.

Call your parents, guys. It's not a thing and it means a lot to them.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Dec 14, 2015,
Quote by snipelfritz

Call your parents, guys. It's not a thing and it means a lot to them.

I usually stop by where my mom works and see her when I go to town. They like surprise visits from kids.

Grandparents are the same way. Stop being so selfish with your time you little fucks(this was directed at me but also you).
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I wrote a letter to my grandpa a few weeks ago and my dad said that when he got it it was the happiest he'd seen him in years. It was a really short letter but it meant more to him than a phone call because he spent the majority of his life writing letters but no one really does that anymore

so if you don't have time for a phone call just write a letter
cat
So many losers as adults still talking to their parents.
While I'm an Independent badass who has a life and scores with chicks every week.

Sucks to suck.
Quote by GreenDay82
While I'm an Independent badass who has a life and scores with chicks every week.

Sucks to suck.

And you'd know, because you score like Beavis and Butthead.

As in, never.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I call my parents once a week, sometimes more if I have big news or something I really want to discuss with them.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I WhatsApp both my parents quite often. See my mum every week during the rugby league season because she hasn't got sports channels so she comes round to watch, she only live like 20 minutes away anyway so I see her fairly often.

My dad I don't see quite as much because even though we get on pretty well my wife doesn't really like him for some reason and he's just not as fun to be around to be honest. Plus he does get the concept that his 1 year-old grandson might make a mess in his house at times. But we still talk a lot.
very often
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by slapsymcdougal
And you'd know, because you score like Beavis and Butthead.

As in, never.

Oh sorry, I wouldn't know who this "Beavis and Butthead" is because I'm to busy banging chicks, being productive, and working hard in life.

You don't need to prove yourself anymore, we all know you are a fat loser behind a screen who doesn't have anything going for him.

Quote by GreenDay82
Oh sorry, I wouldn't know who this "Beavis and Butthead" is because I'm to busy banging chicks, being productive, and working hard in life.

You don't need to prove yourself anymore, we all know you are a fat loser behind a screen who doesn't have anything going for him.

OH SHIT SLAPSY GOT BURNT!!!! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
Quote by GreenDay82 at #33732204

and where's the evidence that you aren't the same thing?

you can say all you want, but everyone here is a fat loser behind a screen with nothing going for him until proven otherwise.
Quote by xTURTLENECKx at #33730448
I live with my parents and I go days at a time without talking to them.

This

I basically only see them at dinner time and they'll say hi and I tend to just grunt because I have done nothing of interest all day and have nothing interesting to say

If I didn't live at home I expect I'd see/talk to my parents about once a month or something and it would only be that regular because I'd feel bad if I didn't talk to them
I have nothing important to say
Once every other week.

Quote by GreenDay82

Sucks to suck.

>Green Day username
>Missouri resident
>2001 join date

Not buying it, pal.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER