Hi all,

I bought this new guitar Epiphone AJ-220S and it was shipped to my house. When i received it, i found a crack at the back of guitar and 1 of the ladder braces inside is broken , causing crack along where the brace is supposed to stick.

Is this damage repairable ? Shld i worry because the guitar is still playable.

Thanks in advance.
Send it back, get a replacement, no telling what else is wrong with it or how long it will be til the current problems escalate.
As a rough guess, it sounds like another heavy package was 'placed' on top of your guitar. I had a Fender sonoran which was damaged in a similar manner. The front top brace cracked in half around the truss rod adjusting nut.

The guitar went back, but man oh man, what a low action it had the short time it was with me...
I had a cracked back and brace repair done on 1 of my guitars a few months back and it cost me around $100. It's not an invisible repair. They glue the cracked brace and put a patch on the inside of the body crack. It fixes the cracks and prevents them from getting worse but you can still see the hairline where the cracks were and the patch if you look inside the guitar. There's no reason you should pay for shipping damage on a new guitar. Send it back.
Quote by william_arief
Hi all,

I bought this new guitar Epiphone AJ-220S and it was shipped to my house. When i received it, i found a crack at the back of guitar and 1 of the ladder braces inside is broken , causing crack along where the brace is supposed to stick.

Is this damage repairable ? Shld i worry because the guitar is still playable.

Thanks in advance.

send it back and demand a new one. stand up for your rights as a consumer.