Page 1 of 2
Hi!

I recently bought a Laney IRT Studio but havent been able to decide which cab to pair it with...

I was going to order one the IRT cab series but I don't feel confident about the HH Custom speakers they are loaded with.
last week I had the oportunity to try tHe amp on a Marshal 1960 with Greenbacks I oh my god... it was an instant eargasm. Now, that it way to far my budget and also I dont have a band so I think a 412 it's too much for home so I decided to go for a 212 instead but there are way too much to decide.

My option rightnow are the Carvin 212v with Celestion v30 ($ 369.00 aprox)
Or stretching a bit my budget the Laney GS212PE also with V30's...

Now, the Carvin it's cheaper and that's a plus but it is also smaller and I don't how or how much that would affect the overall sound...

Carvin measures: H: 44.5cm W:66cm D: 26 cm
Laney measures: H 45.5 cm W: 75.5 cm D: 35.8

It's almost 10cm difference on both width and depth...

So I wanted to ask, does that difference matters on the overall sound of the cab?
If there's a difference will it be huge, very noticeable?

I know sound differs from cab to cab... the problem here is I live in Mexico and I'm not able to try before buy... but I trust the quality of a pair of v30's... what I'm not sure is which one I should buy...

I wanted an Orange also but they are too pricey for me...

So, I hope you guys can give me some good advices about all of this and thank you very much!
Carvin build quality is supposedly pretty good, but... V30s imo really need some room to sound right. Either an open-backed cab or a fairly large closed one, and that Carvin would seem awfully small if it's a closed-back design.

Also keep in mind that a 412 with Greenbacks will sound pretty different than a 212 with V30s.
Quote by TheQuailman
Carvin build quality is supposedly pretty good, but... V30s imo really need some room to sound right. Either an open-backed cab or a fairly large closed one, and that Carvin would seem awfully small if it's a closed-back design.

Also keep in mind that a 412 with Greenbacks will sound pretty different than a 212 with V30s.

So, you'd say I should go with the Laney 212 Cab? are the GS212PE measures right for the V30's? or I should keep saving for an orange cab?

Or if you could help me naming a cab that you'd recommend?

And yeah, I know they's sound different, but what I mean is Greenback, or V30 are way better than a any cab loaded with stock speakers.

Thanks!
The Laney cab's nice enough. The Orange is nicer still, but whether or not it's worth saving up for is kinda your call. Like, I wouldn't want to save money for half a year just to get a slightly nicer cab.

Might be worth waiting for someone who has first hand experience with that Carvin cab to chime in, too.
Quote by TheQuailman
The Laney cab's nice enough. The Orange is nicer still, but whether or not it's worth saving up for is kinda your call. Like, I wouldn't want to save money for half a year just to get a slightly nicer cab.

Might be worth waiting for someone who has first hand experience with that Carvin cab to chime in, too.

It's kinda hard to find someone that can tell me his experience... been searching the web for a review but not a clear answer. Most reliable post I could find is this one:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/carvin/g212_2x12_140w_open_back_cabinet

but, it's not the same model... so I gues I'll just wait another month to buy the Laney cab!
By the way, I was wondering... if the orange cabs are oversized... do you guys think a 112 orange cab, celestion v30, closed back could be more than enought? could it be better than a 212?

I'm asking this because well... I used to have Marshall Class 5 and it was only 10" speaker and only few time I was able to fully crank it (mostly when family is away) so I was wonderin If I really need a 212... cause I suppose it should be twice louder than a 112 right?

So just wondering what would be the best option for someone like me that plays mostly at home!

Thanks!
have you looked into avatar? i however don't know how they are available in mexico.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
the Carvin 2x12 can be open or closed back (back is removable) ...... I have 2 of the slant top 2x12 which is a bit bigger cab than the horizontal 2x12 cab which I have also ...... I have v30's in one cab , Eminence Swamp Thangs in another and Carvin GT speakers in the other .... bang for the buck the Carvin GT speakers are pretty darn good option that can save a few bucks if your tight on cash .... cab wise it seems like a well built cab for the money
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Dec 14, 2015,
Quote by carpercen
By the way, I was wondering... if the orange cabs are oversized... do you guys think a 112 orange cab, celestion v30, closed back could be more than enought? could it be better than a 212?

I'm asking this because well... I used to have Marshall Class 5 and it was only 10" speaker and only few time I was able to fully crank it (mostly when family is away) so I was wonderin If I really need a 212... cause I suppose it should be twice louder than a 112 right?

So just wondering what would be the best option for someone like me that plays mostly at home!

Thanks!

Nah, that's not how that works. More speakers does mean increased volume, but not twice the volume. You mostly notice a bigger low-end.
1x12 is fine for home use (it's mostly fine for stage use, too). I prefer open-back cabs with 1x12, for any style of music really, but I have not tried the Orange 112.
Quote by Fumble fingers
the Carvin 2x12 can be open or closed back (back is removable) ...... I have 2 of the slant top 2x12 which is a bit bigger cab than the horizontal 2x12 cab which I have also ...... I have v30's in one cab , Eminence Swamp Thangs in another and Carvin GT speakers in the other .... bang for the buck the Carvin GT speakers are pretty darn good option that can save a few bucks if your tight on cash .... cab wise it seems like a well built cab for the money

Can you compare the stock G12 against the V30? how's do them sound?

I play mostly metal, so I was wondering which would be the best option!

I checked the slant vertical versión of the carvin cab but it is onle 2.5" difference on width, that doesn't seem to be much of a difference.

What I'm affraid of is that the overall sound of the carvin cab pales in comparision with a normal 212 like the Laney sized one.
Quote by TheQuailman
Nah, that's not how that works. More speakers does mean increased volume, but not twice the volume. You mostly notice a bigger low-end.
1x12 is fine for home use (it's mostly fine for stage use, too). I prefer open-back cabs with 1x12, for any style of music really, but I have not tried the Orange 112.

So, a 212 will sound better with more low end, I mean, in the end it will always be better than a single 112 right?

Man... such a hard choice... I could order a 112 right now... but don't want to regret later for not buying the 212...
Quote by carpercen
So, a 212 will sound better with more low end, I mean, in the end it will always be better than a single 112 right?

Man... such a hard choice... I could order a 112 right now... but don't want to regret later for not buying the 212...

A good 112 is imo fine for home use. For what it's worth I mostly prefer to use my 112 over my other cabs at home.
It's difficult to rank cabinet types... it's more like you've got different flavours which are all nice in their own way. Go to a shop and try some different cabs if you have the chance.

Imo it's best to get decent quality gear that you won't want to replace later. Maybe get a good 112 now and add a larger cab if the need arises at some point?
Quote by TheQuailman
A good 112 is imo fine for home use. For what it's worth I mostly prefer to use my 112 over my other cabs at home.
It's difficult to rank cabinet types... it's more like you've got different flavours which are all nice in their own way. Go to a shop and try some different cabs if you have the chance.

Imo it's best to get decent quality gear that you won't want to replace later. Maybe get a good 112 now and add a larger cab if the need arises at some point?

Well, actually, I've tried to form a band several times with no luck, I used to play with a 10w ibanez amp which am using again while I buy a new cab and the biggest amp I've own was the Marshall Class 5 with its 10" speaker and was a good amp but not what I need right now, wish I could have keep it but I needed the money to buy a cab for the Laney IRT Studio so it had to go... I'm thinking seriouly about buyin the orange 112 closed back with the V30 right now... Maybe that's all I need... 212 maybe will only piss off my family (because also I mostly play late in night due to work...)

But my friends keep telling me I should get a 212 if possible... they have much more experience than me... I wait two more weeks... i'll get paid and have a more suitable budget, also I don't want to rush the decision... and who knows... maybe in this two week I'll found a decent 212 used or at good price!

By the way... would you recommend V30's or Greenbacks over any stock speaker?
I've also read those carvin stock speakers are good but I'm not able to tell by myself...

I wish I could test those cabs but at my local store, the best they have is a fender mustang 412 cab...
Quote by carpercen
I don't want to rush the decision...

Take your time, best thing you can do..

The V30 is typically the speaker of choice for metal, particularly modern styles. For more old school styles, like Sabbath or Maiden or something like that a Greenback makes sense, too. There is however no rule stating that you MUST pick one speaker over another; in the end you go by what sounds best to you.
An anecdote on this: The Framus Dragon, which is a very modern sounding, very hi-gain amp, came with Greenback-loaded cabs, since the designers thought that's what sounded best with it.

That said, if you tried the amp with a 412 Greenback-loaded cab and liked it, chances are you'll like those speakers in a 212 as well. They are rarer than V30-loaded cabs, since the V30 is kind of the standard speaker for medium- to high-end cabs. You have probably noticed as much when looking for used gear.

Honestly, it'll probably sound nice either way. And if you buy used you can sell the cab without a loss later if it turns out not to be optimal for you.

A 212 will have more low-end-thump than a 112. Closed designs subdue the lowest frequencies, but emphasize frequencies around 200Hz (or so, depends on the cab in question so don't quote me on that). This makes the tone "tight" but also gives you that "thump", which is great for metal.
However, if the cab is too small (internal volume per speaker is what counts), the emphasized frequency range moves up too much, leaving you with very weak low-end. The more speakers you add, the less this becomes a problem, which is how a 412 can sound fat even though most of them have comparatively little internal volume per speaker. The problem persists with 112 designs though, which is why they are typically either oversized or open-backed.
A good 212 can hit that sweet-spot where it gets enough low-end going to sound good, but is still affordable and portable.

I've never tried the Orange 112, but I know of at least one dude who used to be a forum regular here who used one for metal and liked it very much. I respect his opinion, but I don't think he posts here anymore, so we can't ask him.
But no matter how good that cab is, a good 212 with the same speakers should be more brvtal.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Dec 15, 2015,
Quote by carpercen
Hi!

I recently bought a Laney IRT Studio but havent been able to decide which cab to pair it with...
My option rightnow are the Carvin 212v with Celestion v30 ($ 369.00 aprox)
Or stretching a bit my budget the Laney GS212PE also with V30's...

Won't make a major difference, for two reasons:
One, you don't have a lot of power available for the lower end, where any differences will make themselves felt. Two, you don't necessarily GET more bottom end simply by increasing the size of the cabinet; sometimes the resonant frequency, the Thiele & Small parameters and the size of the cabinet work against each other.
Quote by carpercen

Nope.

Sorry, it's not that simple.
Quote by dspellman
Nope.

Sorry, it's not that simple.

Hey man! Thanks a lot for taking you time to answer.

Yeah I suspected it wasnt as simple as that but I'm not an expert...

So you say there wont be a noticeable difference between the laney and carvin cab because I dont have enough power, do you mean the 15w of the IRT studio?

I don't know how that works... I know it's not a 100w valve head of course but it sounded amazing through the 1960, I mean... before that I've been playing it only through my pc, recording of course but with no good results...
Now through a real cab its mindblowing... Maybe I could get a nice 412 used for a bit more than the price of the laney... but I wonder if I really need that much of a cab... but well... I suppose that I for the price of a 212 I can get a 412 with v30's then it would be stupid not to do it right?

Thanks! man!
Quote by dspellman
Won't make a major difference, for two reasons:
One, you don't have a lot of power available for the lower end, where any differences will make themselves felt.

I've played different sized cabs with with anything from a <1w amp up to 50w and anything inbetween, and I think the difference between a small cab and a big one was very audible with each of them.

Quote by dspellman
Two, you don't necessarily GET more bottom end simply by increasing the size of the cabinet; sometimes the resonant frequency, the Thiele & Small parameters and the size of the cabinet work against each other.

That's just playing devil's advocat. As a general rule, more internal volume means more low-end, and most guitar speakers, particularly the V30, need quite a bit of room to get any decent lows going. If the specs of the Carvin the TS posted are correct, it is very small indeed.
Hey guys! Little update in here...

I've been offered a Peavey XXX 212 cab for les than the 112 orange cab... with the Peaveey XXX speakers...

Does someone knows about this cab quality and sound? the guy's who's selling it tells me its better than the celestion v30, I honestly don't know!
Quote by TheQuailman
I've played different sized cabs with with anything from a <1w amp up to 50w and anything inbetween, and I think the difference between a small cab and a big one was very audible with each of them.

That's just playing devil's advocat. As a general rule, more internal volume means more low-end, and most guitar speakers, particularly the V30, need quite a bit of room to get any decent lows going. If the specs of the Carvin the TS posted are correct, it is very small indeed.

Thanks for the reply man!
This is very educational for me! I was bothered also of the Carvin size, I was about to order it when I noticed and decided the rethink about it!, by the way I just posted below you answer. A guys's selling me a Peavey XXX 212 cab, cheaper than the carvin, orange and laney... but I don't know anything about this cab, just that is USA made... Guy's telling me it's speakers are better than the V30 but I lack the experience to judge that...
In general the speakers in Peavey cabs are lousy, I'd pass. That guy is full of shit and trying to make a sale.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
The guy is trying to sell you a cabinet. He's gonna tell you it's better than a V30 no matter if it's true or not (It's not IMO).

Anyway, IIRC the Peavey XXX cabs have special Peavey Sheffield speakers that are meant to be v30 sounding clones.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Thanks guys! I was a bit excited for the price but I'll pass... I preffer the v30!
Yeah Peavey cabs are built good, but the speakers suck. The guy was just trying to off load it on you.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I trust your word guys! The cab looks pretty awesome but yeah... I don't want to rage because the tone sucks...!

Thanks!

Im waiting for his other offers with V30's, once he tells me Ill report back to you guys!
Quote by TheQuailman

I've measured them with an RTA. It doesn't lie.
"Differences" between the cabinets exist, but "big" doesn't mean "better."

I do have a 2x12 that's oversize staring me in the face, here -- it's 20x30" x around 14" deep, and it's ported. But the speakers are 200W Eminence speakers, the cabinet was designed around those speakers and the minimum recommended amp for it is a 50W. 15W simply doesn't provide enough power to move enough air to make the extended bottom end apparent, and the more volume you crank in, the less bottom you hear.

Quote by TheQuailman

Feh and baloney.

The Mesa Thiele (or EV TL806) cabinet is spec'd for a 12" EV-L. It's specifically sized and ported for that speaker and while compact, has some seriously nice, clean tight bottom end when used with that speaker. Drop a Celestion into that same cabinet and you get bottom end that's mushy and boomy. Most guitar speakers don't need a lot of room to develop bottom end because they fall off rapidly below 100Hz anyway and can't handle enough power to develop much bass. The EV-L will handle 200-400W, the Celestion V30 about 60W, and the Celestion really doesn't have enough cone travel to produce anything significant in the bass area. A smaller closed cabinet, designed correctly, can provide the right amount of air compression to keep whatever bottom end the Celestion CAN produce clean and crisp.

Even then, however, a 15W amp isn't going to have much of a chance of providing enough power to take advantage of the proper size cabinet past a certain minimum volume level.

I have a pair of fEARless F115 speaker cabinets designed specifically for bass, that are 20"W x 26"H x 16.75"D each. The LF driver is an Eminence Kappalite 15" 3015LF (there's also a Faital 5" mids and a 1" HF driver with wave guide), and the cabinet is capable of handling 800-900W at 8 ohms. The cabinet is slot ported. A 12" version, which will produce more than enough bass for most gigging musicians, measures 16"W 20"H 16"D. More space doesn't help produce more bass. I use my F115s for bass, full-range keyboards and modeled guitar. There's a reasonably good demo of the single !2" version of this cabinet here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-YUbQyK5Ls
Last edited by dspellman at Dec 15, 2015,
Quote by dspellman
I've measured them with an RTA. It doesn't lie.
"Differences" between the cabinets exist.

We are in agreement then?

Quote by dspellman
"big" doesn't mean "better."

I don't think anyone said that it generally was. All I recall saying is that a V30 needs a fairly large closed back cab to get any low-end going. The specs of one cab mentioned in this thread made it look awfully small.

Quote by dspellman
2x12, oversize, ported, needs loads of power

Maybe so, but the TS is looking mainly into non-ported, closed-back cabs with entirely different speakers. Surely his specific case takes precedence over the general point you are making far as this thread is concerned.

Quote by dspellman
A smaller closed cabinet, designed correctly, can provide the right amount of air compression to keep whatever bottom end the Celestion CAN produce clean and crisp

Yeah, and one that is too small will make the sound too thin. Far as the V30 is concerned, it can do with very little compression, hence why it works very well in open-backed or oversized closed cabs, without sounding too loose, flubby, or undefined.

Quote by dspellman
*lots more*

Dude, I have no idea how any of this relates to the TS. A closed V30 cab doesn't have the bottom-end of an 806 or a ported bass cab - yeah, sure. It's not like it's supposed to. We are talking about low-end in guitar-terms, not about whatever lows a PA, hifi, or bass-rig can push. We are also considering garden-variety guitar cabs and their sizes. Yes, there are diminishing returns when increasing the size of a cab; there comes a point where adding more size doesn't really do anything. But commonly available guitar cabs don't reach such sizes.
Quote by TheQuailman
We are in agreement then?

I don't think anyone said that it generally was. All I recall saying is that a V30 needs a fairly large closed back cab to get any low-end going. The specs of one cab mentioned in this thread made it look awfully small.

Maybe so, but the TS is looking mainly into non-ported, closed-back cabs with entirely different speakers. Surely his specific case takes precedence over the general point you are making far as this thread is concerned.

Yeah, and one that is too small will make the sound too thin. Far as the V30 is concerned, it can do with very little compression, hence why it works very well in open-backed or oversized closed cabs, without sounding too loose, flubby, or undefined.

Dude, I have no idea how any of this relates to the TS. A closed V30 cab doesn't have the bottom-end of an 806 or a ported bass cab - yeah, sure. It's not like it's supposed to. We are talking about low-end in guitar-terms, not about whatever lows a PA, hifi, or bass-rig can push. We are also considering garden-variety guitar cabs and their sizes. Yes, there are diminishing returns when increasing the size of a cab; there comes a point where adding more size doesn't really do anything. But commonly available guitar cabs don't reach such sizes.

Ok... wait a moment, you just pointed out something I never think off before...
My amp is a Laney IRT Studio, 15watts valve head...
And you are talking about it having or not the power to move the speakers, right?
So... maybe we should have started by stating what cab size is the right choich for a 15w valve head...

I'm asking this because I don't know if using a bigger cab than a may need could harm the amp...

I tested it on a 1960 marshall 412 greenbacks and it was freakin awesome... but using something bigger than the output of the amp could be wrong or harmful righ? or am I wrong?

The big thin here is... with only 15w valve power... what should I look into? 112? 212? 412 if possible?

Thanks for all you advices guys!
Quote by carpercen
. but using something bigger than the output of the amp could be wrong or harmful righ? or am I wrong?

Wrong. Yes.

As long as the impedance is acceptable, the amp head doesn't care how many speakers you hook to it.

Use what sounds best to YOU.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^EDIT: Quicker than me, lel. Last line is SUPER important btw.

Quote by carpercen
using something bigger than the output of the amp could be wrong or harmful righ? or am I wrong?

Nah, not at all. All you need to make sure is that there's always a load (speaker) attached to the amp when it's running and that the cab's impedance matches the output impedance of the amp, i.e. only connect an 8 Ohm cab to the 8 Ohm output of your amp etc.
(Connecting the wrong impedance usually won't break anything, either, but it's better to make sure).

Bigger amps create a bigger low-end. But yours will still be capable of driving any normal 212 or 412 with any typical guitar speaker just fine.
Quote by TheQuailman

Nope. That Carvin cabinet, closed back, might well be exactly what's needed to reproduce whatever a pair of V30's is capable of in terms of bottom end. You dismissed it out of hand simply by squinting at the measurements.

Quote by TheQuailman

A V30 does just fine in an open-backed cabinet. That's essentially what it was designed for. What it does NOT require is an oversized closed back cabinet to sound good, however. It does very well in smaller cabinets -- what you do NOT get is mushy and boomy, and I think you mistake that for "too thin."
Quote by TheQuailman

Dude, I have no idea how any of this relates to the TS. A closed V30 cab doesn't have the bottom-end of an 806 or a ported bass cab - yeah, sure. It's not like it's supposed to. We are talking about low-end in guitar-terms, not about whatever lows a PA, hifi, or bass-rig can push. .

Yeah, I get that you don't.
But a basic understanding of what it takes to produce clean "bottom end," whether you're calling that 100Hz or lower, carries over.
Quote by dspellman
Nope. That Carvin cabinet, closed back, might well be exactly what's needed to reproduce whatever a pair of V30's is capable of in terms of bottom end. You dismissed it out of hand simply by squinting at the measurements.

I did so because I have tried the V30 in different sized cabs and found it thin and harsh in the smaller ones, and much better in bigger ones. Having mulled this over with a cab maker (on a German forum) I have arrived at the conclusion that a big cab is generally beneficial for the V30. So unless Carvin can bend the rules of physics, my dismissal is an informed decision, or an educated guess at worst.
I have also previously said that I'd rather hear from someone who has actually tried the cab before passing final judgement. Until then I am wary.

Quote by dspellman
A V30 does just fine in an open-backed cabinet. That's essentially what it was designed for. What it does NOT require is an oversized closed back cabinet to sound good, however. It does very well in smaller cabinets -- what you do NOT get is mushy and boomy, and I think you mistake that for "too thin."

But the larger a closed cab gets, the more it approaches the sound of an open one, unless I got that wrong. I also think we may have different ideas of what constitutes mushy or thin. I do think it's worth mentioning that oversized V30 cabs are popular with metalheads, who generally don't tolerate mush.
Quote by dspellman
Yeah, I get that you don't.
But a basic understanding of what it takes to produce clean "bottom end," whether you're calling that 100Hz or lower, carries over.

Please, be a little more condescending, why dontcha.
Quote by carpercen
Ok... I'm totally lost now...

Focus on the wheat (the actual information presented), not the chaff (the pissing contest arguments).

Charles Darwin
I found some handmade cabs 112 with V30, made of plywood, heigh, width and depth 45cm each... I can buy 2 of them for almos the same as an Orange ppc112, and conect them together... would be the same as a 212, right?

Don't know how good you understand spanish but I'll leave the link so you can see the pictures:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-519851020-maravillosos-mini-gabinetes-handcrafted-para-guitarra-_JM

Thanks guys!
Quote by carpercen
I found some handmade cabs 112 with V30, made of plywood, heigh, width and depth 45cm each... I can buy 2 of them for almos the same as an Orange ppc112, and conect them together... would be the same as a 212, right?

Don't know how good you understand spanish but I'll leave the link so you can see the pictures:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-519851020-maravillosos-mini-gabinetes-handcrafted-para-guitarra-_JM

Thanks guys!

No, but it would be similar and it would give you some interesting options.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
No, but it would be similar and it would give you some interesting options.

Hi Arby!
Cómo has estado? Al final compré el IRT Studio, es una maravilla! Trístemente hasta ahora solo lo he usado como interface grabando directo a la pc con resultados mediocres, nada se compara a un gabinete de verdad como cuando lo probe en el marshal 1960!
Qué opinas de los gabinetes en esa publicación? No traen forro, es el acabado en madera únicamente, hechos de triplay... el precio me parece muy bueno, pero decidir entre un particular y una marca como Orange por decir algo, pues es complicado...

English:

Hi Arby, how are you? I ended up buyin the IRT Studio, is wonderful! Sadly I've only been using it as interface recording directly on my pc but it sounds awful, nothing like the real thing, like when I tried it through a Marhsall 1960!

What do you think of those cabs from the link? They are made of plywood, on plywood finish, the price is tempting me, but it's hard to decide between a handcrafted one and a Cab made by a bigger company like Orange...
Page 1 of 2