Hello! First off, Greatest guitar website to date. (well.. That was a brief start ) Anywho, I got a couple questions for you Gurus!

I have been debating between the Allen and Heath ZED10 and the Behringer x1832. They both seem to do recording but, whats the deal with the USB? People say the Behringer only does 2 channels for usb. But what about the Zed 10?

So here are the questions that I have:
1. Can you mix 2+ channels into those usb channels? (IE. have guitar and other guitar on one USB channel, and Mic, etc on the other.) Or just one guitar and one mic and thats all you can record at once?

2. Does the ZED 10 have the same limitations?

Just wondering because, the Behringer seems to be the better option. (Due to having more inputs, compression, EQ and effects built in.)
I can't answer your questions about this specific Behringer board but I will caution you that you are about to encounter some bad comments about Behringer in general. Not from me because I use and like their stuff, but from others. I myself use quite a bit of Behringer equipment and have yet to encounter a problem with any of it. I currently use the Behringer Xenyx 1222USB board for live gigs and have used it now for about 2 years almost weekly on live gigs without any problems. It's also quieter than the Mackie board it replaced (though that board saw a lot of action) My board is USB but I only use it only for live sound so I can't answer your questions about using it to record. My understanding (at least on my board) is that it's just a stereo USB from the master outputs.

The bottom line is whichever board you choose don't be dismayed about the comments you hear about Behringer gear being crap. In my experience over maybe 10 years my Behringer equipment has all held up well. (Active Euro Live speakers, B205 monitors, USB interfaces, rack EQ, Xenyx 1222 mixer, two patchbays) I don't think Behringer is as road worthy as some other higher priced gear but then again I stopped doing road gigs many years ago and for local gigs it just works as advertised and is cost effective. .
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Dec 15, 2015,
The answer to Q#1 - yes for both.

The Behringer is really NEVER the better option I've used and worked with Behringer desks for a while and after a year or two you start having dirty or just plain bad channels. Maybe thoe whole thing won't go down but part of it will.

There is a reason why you're paying more per channel with the A&H - quality.
That mixer also records the stereo signal, just like the Behringer. If you need more channels I'd suggest you look at Mackie and Yamaha if you can afford them.

What are you trying to achieve? Do you want to record just stereo out from rehearsals or?
Quote by diabolical
The answer to Q#1 - yes for both.

The Behringer is really NEVER the better option I've used and worked with Behringer desks for a while and after a year or two you start having dirty or just plain bad channels. Maybe thoe whole thing won't go down but part of it will.

There is a reason why you're paying more per channel with the A&H - quality.
That mixer also records the stereo signal, just like the Behringer. If you need more channels I'd suggest you look at Mackie and Yamaha if you can afford them.

What are you trying to achieve? Do you want to record just stereo out from rehearsals or?

Ah. Alright, I'm mostly just wanting to record myself and a couple of my buddies when we jam together. Yeah the 10 channel may be abit much but. I want something abit future proof. I think I will end up getting the ZED10 as I got a deal for 189$