Hi,

My first guitar was an Washburn N2 and 10 guitars and 15years later I still believe its one of the best guitars I have tried (after changing pups and some parts), but the frets are starting to wear and as its a cheap guitar I'm not willing to invest a fortune in repairs on it

I'm wondering what other guitars got the same super thin C neck, with a 12” radius as the Nuno models?

Ive tried the N4, and its an amazing guitar but something in me stops me from from cashing out 3000USD on an all alder body guitar with no binding, paint or inlays!
The Nuno guitars must be the most overpriced guitars ever, the N4 is 10USD in alder wood and 350USD in parts, and they want 3000USD for it!
Last edited by steffebi at Dec 14, 2015,
Washburn Idol WI64 has set neck, I installed Jescar SS frets on mine, the original frets were ok, but i just prefer to upgrade it... pickups are still stock same with the electronics.

I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
90's MIJ Jacksons. Dean Guitars has some models with C shape necks, stay in the upper mid to high end guitars. Also specifically the 2007 Ibanez S Series S620 EXQM. In 2008 they cheapened it down. Best of luck in your search
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
i had a WI64d and it was just mediocre.

look for MIJ jacksons and maybe some older ibenez (especially prestige).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Generally speaking, many guitars from companies that cater to the hard rock/metal guitarists- Fernandes, Dean, Schecter, BC Rich, etc.- tend to have skinnier than average necks.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Ibanez wizard necks, common on RG's and such is often thought of as "The" thin metally neck, fretboard radius is also fairly flat and the fretboard is wide in order to accommodate super fast fingers flying around. I find a lot of schecter's actually have a somewhat thicker neck, at least when comparing to the wizard necks.

Jackson dinkies have the same qualities as well, I've heard if you want a dinky you really should go for the "pro" models of them though. The JS's ain't meant to be good. I'm basically repeating most of what's already been said.
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
Last edited by sasquatchjosh96 at Dec 15, 2015,
Quote by steffebi
Hi,

My first guitar was an Washburn N2 and 10 guitars and 15years later I still believe its one of the best guitars I have tried (after changing pups and some parts), but the frets are starting to wear and as its a cheap guitar I'm not willing to invest a fortune in repairs on it

I'm wondering what other guitars got the same super thin C neck, with a 12” radius as the Nuno models?

Ive tried the N4, and its an amazing guitar but something in me stops me from from cashing out 3000USD on an all alder body guitar with no binding, paint or inlays!
The Nuno guitars must be the most overpriced guitars ever, the N4 is 10USD in alder wood and 350USD in parts, and they want 3000USD for it!

I have a Washburn N6. It is one of the best guitars I´ve ever laid my paws on, and I own a Vigier, a couple of ESPs, various Gibsons above the "studio" etc. levels.

There´s nothing at all "overpriced" about it! The craftsmanship on it is next to perfect. I have yet to find anything I don´t like about it except that my Vigier is even better.
Quote by kentuckyklira
I have a Washburn N6. It is one of the best guitars I´ve ever laid my paws on, and I own a Vigier, a couple of ESPs, various Gibsons above the "studio" etc. levels.

There´s nothing at all "overpriced" about it! The craftsmanship on it is next to perfect. I have yet to find anything I don´t like about it except that my Vigier is even better.

I know its good guitars made with the best craftsmanship and the best parts and all that, but its also guitars thats easy to build, 10usd in alder for the body, only a master volume and a a toggle, no binding, no fancy inlays, painted logo on the headstock and a bolt on neck.