I have a bunch of songs I'm still "learning" which have been on my to-learn list for like 2-3 years
It took me about 4 months to learn a lute suite by Bach, and about 8 to be able to play it decently. But that could be considered 6 different songs I guess.

Been learning Stabwound by Necrophagist for a few weeks now. I learned all the parts quickly but I've just had to play them slow thousands of times to build up the technique.

Pavane For A Dead Princess by Ravel took me a good few months to get it down. Still not totally comfortable yet.

I learned K'm Pee Du Wee by Steve Vai a long time ago. Don't remember how long it took to learn but I'm sure it was a decent amount of time.

I have a terrible habit of learning only hard songs and then forgetting the rest by the time I finish learning one.
CRINGE INCOMING

when I was a starting at guitar (nine years old give me a break) I spent 2 months learning Ain't Talkin Bout Love by Van Halen. I loved them back then for some reason.

Now I learn songs in a few minutes, usually by ear, so haven't done that type of thing in a while.
Quote by nico_9550
For the love of god by Steve Vai took me a while and I'm still learning Tender Surrender

i could see that taking a minute. cool jam
The czar by mastodon took a bit
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
i think the only (rock) song i can play in full is crazy train and that took a year or two because i learned all of it except the solo then came back to i-

no wait i still don't know the chromatic arpeggios. oh well.
Quote by neidnarb11890
idk probably something by Television or maybe The Smiths

Hell ya Smith's. Johnny and Andy are both genius'
I've been learning some Rachmanioff songs on piano for months now

and there have been songs by protest the hero, btbam, periphery, mastodon that have taken me forever on guitar
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Little Wing, both the Hendrix and SRV versions. Though Stevie's version is more fun guitar-wise, singing Jimi's version is still great fun
Quote by E7#9
I have a bunch of songs I'm still "learning" which have been on my to-learn list for like 2-3 years
This.

Though it gets to a point where they're more like "on hiatus" than "learning".

In that case, I don't know. I'm sure it was some requested tab. I'll post back when I have time to look back on my tabs.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I don't know, maybe Aqualung on bass. It's not that hard but I wanted to get it absolutely right. Very fun to play
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Actually, thinking back, I'm sure it was Will They Blame Me If You Go Disappearing by Hail The Sun.

Song had soo many different riffs and uncertainties, it was crazy. But I finally managed to tab it last October.

Before that, it was probably the solo in Do It Again by Steely Dan.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
i give up if i don't get it down at least half-assed within a half hour.

maybe Soup Is Good Food by the Dead Kennedys, actually. i kind of know how to play it, but i can't memorize it, so i have to look it up every damn time i try to play it.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by ElMaco
I don't know, maybe Aqualung on bass. It's not that hard but I wanted to get it absolutely right. Very fun to play

I haven't tried that one yet. Might just do that.
"Immaterial" by Haunted Shores took me forever to learn in full. I can play it decently well now, which is great since it's really fun to play and there isn't a whole lot of songs that I have the interest to learn completely.

I've been working on their song "Sentient Glow" too for a while now which is more difficult.
Quote by E7#9

Same here, some Lamb of God songs are tricky as hell, Its taken me 10 years to get good at the ones I know.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
About half the songs from Trivium's Shogun. I practiced them religiously a couple of years ago. I think almost an entire year, most of which was spent trying to figure out what the hell was going on in the solo from Into The Mouth Of Hell We March.

Second longest was probably On the backs of angels from Dream Theater when it first came out, practiced that sucker for about half a year. It's not really hard, but damn, some of JP's parts are hard to play nice and tight
The longest play is the best time to learn.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Listening to the songs you guys are all trying to learn really makes me feel inadequate,

Longest for me was probably Lateralus by Tool, which isn't really that difficult
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
always learn a song and move on, than forget the song I just I learned down the road. I have to go back and have to play a little to get the feel again. starting out Queensryche was most challenging most of the time.
I think I spent like 10 minutes learning a song before giving up once.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I think I spent like 10 minutes learning a song before giving up once.

That happens all too often for me, I convince myself its not actually worth learning, then I go do something else.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
I think the hardest time i had learning a song was "bark at the moon" beleive it or not. I seriously struggled with the funky ass picking pattern.

Has anyone else had this problem? I seem to struggle most with complex strum/picking patterns than with actually fretting the notes. I think this is because im left handed and play right handed guitar.

For the last 18 or so years thats what has always been my biggest struggle,the fretting comes pretty naturally but the picking took alot of time to master.
For me, it's a song I wrote. It uses artificial harmonics and finger tapping, and it's the song I used the most to develop these techniques from 0 to now. I guess I consider it "learnt" now. But I am still developing those techniques with it even further.
Arranging No-one Knows by QOTSA on a uke took me a while to get to a point where I was happy to play it for people. Before that the acoustic version of Layla, again on the uke. First song I tried playing that required me to stray beyond first position.
Ibert's flute concerto 1st movement. Had to memorize the whole thing for school and just about every note is an accidental. Shit was rough.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 16, 2015,
I had a time with Vinne Moores Meltdown. Probably my fav instrumental of that style.
It took me a while to learn white walls. I don't even remember that anymore lol. It's taking me forever to memorize my maj7, 7, m7 and m7b5 arpeggios and all of the inversions.