Poll Options
View poll results: ?
Yeah I don't see why
16 39%
No one man should have all that power
25 61%
Voters: 41.
Page 1 of 4
I don't see why, if they can keep winning elections.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Dec 15, 2015,
ITS IN DAH CONSTITUTION DON'T YOU READ IT, ONLY TWO TERMS, BESIDES OBUMMER IS MUSLIM HE CAN'T BE MUSLIM AND PRESIDENT, OUT WITH OBUMMER IN WITH A TRUE CHRISTIAN PRESIDENT #trump2016

If they can keep winning sure, but I think there'd need to be some kind of standard to prevent a "dynasty" type of thing. I've seen suggestions on various places that if Congress doesn't lower the national debt during its term, no Congressman/Congresswoman can be eligible for re-election. You could have a similar thing for president.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I don't see why, if they can keep winning elections.

i don't have anything to contribute here, but i was thinking about FDR, then i remembered Trump recently compared himself to him and ew, gross.

dude's got like, the Midas Touch

of shit
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Shotgunmerc
ITS IN DAH CONSTITUTION DON'T YOU READ IT, ONLY TWO TERMS, BESIDES OBUMMER IS MUSLIM HE CAN'T BE MUSLIM AND PRESIDENT, OUT WITH OBUMMER IN WITH A TRUE CHRISTIAN PRESIDENT #trump2016

If they can keep winning sure, but I think there'd need to be some kind of standard to prevent a "dynasty" type of thing. I've seen suggestions on various places that if Congress doesn't lower the national debt during its term, no Congressman/Congresswoman can be eligible for re-election. You could have a similar thing for president.

Who cares about debt? Debt-to-GDP is all the rage these days.

We don't have any term limits in Canada. Usually the governing party has racked up enough scandals that by the end of 10 years everyone wants them gone as was the case in the last two changes of government.

Is it correct to say that the US has a problem where the President is unwilling to implement radical partisan changes in their first term, fearing they won't win a second term? If so, then it would probably be a bad idea to give them more terms.
There should be no presidents
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
i meant to click no on the poll cos i got confused
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Ok guys but for real #KanyeEternity.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Yes they should. Limiting official's max terms makes sure you cycle in modern points of view. Someone elected in the 90s is gonna have a much different view on what the country needs/should do than someone elected now.

That goes for any elected position, imo
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
obama

more like
i bum ur ma

lololOLOLOLololoLOLOloloLOLOLoLOlOlOLOloLOLOloLOLOloLOLOLolOlOLolOLOLoloLOLOLOloLOLol
superman is killing himself tonight
Obama is a million times better than any of the 2016 options so I would absolutely vote for him again if 2 terms wasn't a thing.
Quote by Baby Joel at #33732107
obama

more like
i bum ur ma

lololOLOLOLololoLOLOloloLOLOLoLOlOlOLOloLOLOloLOLOloLOLOLolOlOLolOLOLoloLOLOLOloLOLol

obama

more like...
muslim

amiright
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Thrillary is cool and all but I'd also rather keep Obama. He's still young so maybe we can re-elect him someday when this dopey aspect of our constitution is disposed of.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I would be cool with lengthening it to three 4 year terms, or two 6 year terms, but not any more than that.

Obama is the only real moderate between him and the candidates.
If politicians can buy elections, wouldn't we just be stuck with the richest guy until he dies?

Be careful what you wish for
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
If I were American Trump would get my vote, I never vote but I'd vote for trump just to hear him say how much of a great person China is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by behind_you at #33732121
someone post that one relevant mark twain quote

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
Quote by jakesmellspoo
I doubt you're standing

That would be weird
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
OK GUYS BUT FOR REAL #KANYEETERNITY.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
OK GUYS BUT FOR REAL #KANYEETERNITY.

Kanye is the greatest, Yeezus was so influential to me starting my rap career. I rap battle constantly and have won a fair few from using his raps in my rap battles.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
^ Location Cuba? What part? Lovely country!

OT: I think one of the many reasons they do that is for the sake of the health of the president. I mean look at how these guys age. Its a 18 hour day everyday pretty much so its a lot of stress to put on the human body.
Yes.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Rebel Scum
^ Location Cuba? What part? Lovely country!

OT: I think one of the many reasons they do that is for the sake of the health of the president. I mean look at how these guys age. Its a 18 hour day everyday pretty much so its a lot of stress to put on the human body.

Las Tunas, I sometimes travel to Guantanamo Bay every once and a while, Great scenery. My uncle was a part of the bay of pigs years ago, Terrible idea from the start.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by nanna_guy414
Las Tunas, I sometimes travel to Guantanamo Bay every once and a while, Great scenery. My uncle was a part of the bay of pigs years ago, Terrible idea from the start.

Las Tunas! I've been there. Really beautiful cities/town on that highway from Havana to Santiago de Cuba. The Sierra Maestra mountains are incredible.
This is how I see it. It takes time for things to change. A lot more time than we think. Don't elect a president that you don't want to be in charge of your country long enough to do anything.
Especially in recent times measures like this have become increasingly important. The only chance of having good politicians is if you have ones that don't have to care about being re-elected.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by behind_you
someone post that one relevant mark twain quote

“Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”
should be limited to one term but like 6 years long

long enough to see changes/actions implemented and and they don't have to worry about trying not to rock the boat because they want to get re-elected.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
should be limited to one term but like 6 years long

long enough to see changes/actions implemented and and they don't have to worry about trying not to rock the boat because they want to get re-elected.

in NZ we have 3 years per term so that could be 2 terms

but we don't have a term limit here so current guy is on his third term
Quote by CaptainRon
Who cares about debt? Debt-to-GDP is all the rage these days.

We don't have any term limits in Canada. Usually the governing party has racked up enough scandals that by the end of 10 years everyone wants them gone as was the case in the last two changes of government.

Is it correct to say that the US has a problem where the President is unwilling to implement radical partisan changes in their first term, fearing they won't win a second term? If so, then it would probably be a bad idea to give them more terms.

yeah this is usually relied on here but without term limits you sometimes get people overstaying their welcome because people aren't quite annoyed enough yet and figure the status quo of a tolerable shithead is less hassle.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Giving presidents the opportunity to try to get re-elected (hence a second term) is a very good thing.. it Incentivizes them to do a good enough job in their first term so that people will elect them again
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
I say no just so we can elect Obama again and send the conservatives into a self-destructive rage
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Carnivean
Giving presidents the opportunity to try to get re-elected (hence a second term) is a very good thing.. it Incentivizes them to do a good enough job in their first term so that people will elect them again

it is, to an extent. problem is when elections come around, it's "ok we have candidate A who has at least shown us that the world didn't explode the last four years, and candidate B who we have no idea what's gonna happen regardless how good they are"

there's only been ten one-term presidents, and only three post-WW2. the idea of reelection is good, but because people are people and act irrationally, it doesn't produce the intended result
superman is killing himself tonight
Page 1 of 4