Hi, I would just like to get some advice for my purchase.

My options are:
Used PRS Mira S2 2013
Brand new Gibson LPM 2015
Brand new Schecter C-1 Stealth edition

Basically they are all within the same price range right now ($700-800 Canadian). The Schecter Stealth was my original choice, but then local listings and sales in-store have given me more option. Which do you think would be the best purchase? I am not comfortable in buying guitars online, so these are the only options I have. I have been playing for about 6 months consistently and would like to upgrade from my Squier Bullet guitar for a greater experience. I use a Fender Mustang II amp and I play different genres, but mostly from bands like Rise Against, Billy Talent, etc. Thanks for your input!
Either the Stealth or the PRS. In my experience lower end Gibsons tend to be (at times) less quality than there epiphone equivalent (not that the 5k guitars dont also). Plus those two are gonna be more versatile anyway. Also consider the scale length as it will have an affect on playability. The longer the length the 'tighter" the guitar, the shorter the lengtht the looser. A strat is typically 25.5 scale while a les paul is 24.75 and the PRS typically fall in the middle at 25.00 (i think?) Just some things to consider. I personallywould rather have aguitar that does ine genre extremely well as opposed to ine that does many badly.
Ahh, since I am new to all of these I have not really thought about those factors. Thanks for the advice!
Big purchases (for me) require lots of research. I've tried the trial and error thing and all that does is drain your wallet and your spirits. Research research research is what i say. You are welcome.
So with all the price difference of the Gibson LPM 2015 (original price is $1300 Canadian) to the Schecter Stealth (which is $660 Canadian) it does not really matter then?
Play all 3 and pick the one you like playing the best.

Generally speaking PRS has excellent build quality, probably one of the best production lines out there.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah, I wanted to try them all out however they will charge me 20% of the actual cost because they have the Gibson out of stock. The used PRS Mira is probably already sold. So for now I only have the Gibson LPM 2015, the Schecter Stealth c-1, and I can also order a PRS Tremonti SE. However, same with the Gibson, the PRS one will also cost me 20% of its cost so I really cant try them out (I know it sucks).
Out of all those if you can snag the S2 then it will be a better overall guitar with a better fit and finish. I love mine. The only thing I plan on changing is are the pickups, but that is due to preference.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
When buying a new instrument to PLAY not because i just found a sweet deal or saw future value in something i think its really important on finding an instrument that you wont outgrow too quickly....Especially if its costly. The Gibson will obviously give you the best resale value even though the PRS is probably the better constructed instrument.My best advice is if you are being cornered into a purchase due to lack of availability then i would just hold off til something special comes along, otherwise you wind up spending alot of cash and in a year or two you're ready to move on.

Im currently searching for a house to buy, but the market is kinda dry in my area...so that doesn't mean i just buy whats available, i wait until what i want/need is available. Otherwise there will be regret. Good luck!
Quote by Dick Savage
When buying a new instrument to PLAY not because i just found a sweet deal or saw future value in something i think its really important on finding an instrument that you wont outgrow too quickly....Especially if its costly. The Gibson will obviously give you the best resale value even though the PRS is probably the better constructed instrument.My best advice is if you are being cornered into a purchase due to lack of availability then i would just hold off til something special comes along, otherwise you wind up spending alot of cash and in a year or two you're ready to move on.

Im currently searching for a house to buy, but the market is kinda dry in my area...so that doesn't mean i just buy whats available, i wait until what i want/need is available. Otherwise there will be regret. Good luck!

How?
The PRS is used so the loss of value will be minimum if any at all. The Gibson will drop a few hundred as soon as you leave the store. So in reality the PRS would be the safest buy because the initial loss of value has already happened to someone else.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Dec 17, 2015,
Quote by Robbgnarly
How?
The PRS is used so the loss of value will be minimum if any at all. The Gibson will drop a few hundred as soon as you leave the store. So in reality the PRS would be the safest buy because the initial loss of value has already happened to someone else.

That was my bad. I totally forgot the PRS was used. If it were new it would resale substantially lower than the Gibson. I apologize for the oversight.
With that budget I'd go for a used SG. You will have no trouble finding an SG special with a nice hard case in that range. And you might even find a standard.
^Gotta watch out for fakes though! I have a buddy who get ripped on one pretty hard...it was a SPOT ON Replica.
Old thread.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend