Hi everyone, first of all, im not trying to copy other bands tones, i just find these tones to be the most pleasing for me. So im on the hunt for a Tube amp; that can get me pretty close to an early metallica / megadeath sound.. i would go test them myself but where im from, i cant.. budget: nothing over 2k ... thanks a lot
Mesa Boogie Mark V. It'll give you pretty much every tone you could need for that. Boost it with a tubescreamer. It's also much, much more versatile than most options and I love the footswitching options and the EQ. If you're willing to put in the time to dial in just the right tone, it's phenomenal. You can find the heads for around 1500-1600 and then get a mesa boogie or marshall 4X12 for about 400 bucks.

For example:
https://reverb.com/item/1407231-mesa-boogie-mark-v-head-black

I've played a mark V side by side with a IIC+ and it isn't quite the same, but with enough tweaking I'm sure you could get it close enough that it isn't noticeable.
I'm pretty sure most of those guys were using Marshall JCM 800's (as stated above), and a lot of them still are. I'm sure you can get there with a 1959SLP too, or an Orange of some kind. Mainly British-styled amps back in the day. Mesa is another choice, but is a bit more "brown sound" than the early tones of those bands. It isn't "wrong" by any means, but it probably isn't the best vehicle to get the early thrash sound.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
something hot rod marshally i think
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
On a budget, i would look for a DSL50 or 100.

Don't write off the Mesa Marks either, they were used on some early Metallica.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Marshall JCM 800 is a good choice in my opinion, would be great to use a boost like a Tube Screamer as you are looking for a Thrash Metal tone. I would say Mesa too, but for this kind of sound I would stick with the Marshall.