I'll cut straight to the chase, ebanol pickups, they're made a bit wider to replace floyd rose locking nuts. Looking for one but I can't seem to find any retailer that actually sells it on the internet. The main retailer for it, allparts, has a search result for ebanol.

https://www.allparts.com/tusq-graphite-ebanol-nuts

But I can't seem to see what I'm looking for, which is what I've just described. Are these nuts actually them? They look too thin to replace a locking nut and don't seem to be described as for that purpose.

Anyone got any ideas on a retailer (suitable for purchase in the uk) or do I just have to get lucky on ebay?
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
No one then? Kind of a shameless bump but it's something that's really confused me, seems like a useful product that plenty of people would be interested in yet no results anywhere.
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
mmm, maybe keep tabs on ebay for one.
From what I can gather they were discontinued for not being very good.
Why not just use the locking nut base?
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Basically because I change between standard and drop tuning so often that I have the nut locks off. Just doesn't seem right to have it in that state though. Does it perform as well as normal nuts that way despite looking off? The fine tuners on my floyd rose bridge are kind of dodgy (as well as a few other things) and the head tuners are great anyway, so I had an idea to replace the bridge. That's for another thread though. Well, I know the method I'm thinking of works anyway so

Discontinued for bad quality huh? That's a shame, I reckon if it was a decent product it would have done quite well.
Last edited by sasquatchjosh96 at Dec 20, 2015,
I keep the locks off on both of my Ibanezes (Ibané?) (both of which are set to dive only (which I still never use)). I quite like the fact that they'll fit most gauges of strings without any filing and that they're often made of brass
Quote by CorrosionMedia
I keep the locks off on both of my Ibanezes (Ibané?)

I usually go with Ibanez'. The apostrophe usually works as a plural in lieu of a spit load of esses and zees... Or there's always, "Ibani" (or not).

@TS, What kind of guitar is this? That Allparts link only shows 2 nuts for Fender (guitar)

Fender Strats seem to have a narrow nut the fits into the fret board. I know my acoustic "Sonoran" is that way, and it's supposed to have a Strat clone neck.

You could try rooting through "Graphtech's" site: http://www.graphtech.com/ AFAIK, they're the biggest maker of such things.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Dec 21, 2015,
I'll have a search. Guitar's a Washburn X40 btw, which conviently has tons of lost data online It looks roughly to be a strat nut width, guess I can measure it and check it out.

Quote by CorrosionMedia
I keep the locks off on both of my Ibanezes (Ibané?) (both of which are set to dive only (which I still never use)). I quite like the fact that they'll fit most gauges of strings without any filing and that they're often made of brass

Sadly mine is a black plasticky type nut so it just doesn't look very appealing to me.
Quote by sasquatchjosh96
I'll have a search. Guitar's a Washburn X40 btw, which conviently has tons of lost data online It looks roughly to be a strat nut width, guess I can measure it and check it out.

Sadly mine is a black plasticky type nut so it just doesn't look very appealing to me.

I have an X50 and the nut replacement was 42mm if that helps.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.