Alright alright I admit I exaggerated the title nothing particularly groundbreaking or spectacular here haha. But heres a new song with my band project and am looking for some constructive criticism.

I recorded each instrument on just 1 microphone (one at a time) last year and spent months looking for a good singer before finally adding vocals to this last week. I composed it & play the guitars and bass ( so you can be extra critical of me haha ) but I'm interested to hear what you guys think of everything and any criticism or constructive feedback you could give me.

GENRE: Hard Rock, Stoner Rock, Classic Rock, Alternative, .etc .etc

YOUTUBE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Qhb7eSkXM

SOUNDCLOUD:
https://soundcloud.com/sensoryol/one-last-shot-sensory-overload

Thanks for checking it out. Shoot me a PM if you want some more or want me to check out your music as well.
Last edited by jdenmo at Dec 17, 2015,
Sounds like this was recorded live; the recording is obviously very rough, as well as the mix. It lacks bottom end, particularly the drums would need a more solid kick. Guitars are slightly out of tune and the playing is not super tight.

BUT, behind that I hear a great tune and the vocals are very very good! If I were you, I'd work on the production and try different arrangements. Just some thoughts: How about recording two (identical) tracks with the rhythm guitar and max pan them left and right. Then create a different guitar track to give it more color, perhaps some picking to complement (not interfere with) the more massive chord/rythm tracks. This would be particularly rewarding, I think, in the start/stop section. That part needs something to bind it together and/or some drum fills to make it more interesting.

This is definitely worth working on, it could be a brilliant tune!

Again, vocals are great - nice control and emotion.

Feel free to check my latest out (entirely different type of music though):
Body and Blood
Quote by 1111belphegor
Sounds like this was recorded live; the recording is obviously very rough, as well as the mix. It lacks bottom end, particularly the drums would need a more solid kick. Guitars are slightly out of tune and the playing is not super tight.

BUT, behind that I hear a great tune and the vocals are very very good! If I were you, I'd work on the production and try different arrangements. Just some thoughts: How about recording two (identical) tracks with the rhythm guitar and max pan them left and right. Then create a different guitar track to give it more color, perhaps some picking to complement (not interfere with) the more massive chord/rythm tracks. This would be particularly rewarding, I think, in the start/stop section. That part needs something to bind it together and/or some drum fills to make it more interesting.

This is definitely worth working on, it could be a brilliant tune!

Again, vocals are great - nice control and emotion.

Feel free to check my latest out (entirely different type of music though):
Body and Blood

Thanks for the feedback and criticism my man! I recorded each instrument with my beat-up Shure SM57 , which wasn't that bad for guitar/bass I found but it was definitely a challenge on the drums. My drummer had to do a ridiculous number of takes because we had to find the best mic placement. I like to think I wanted the guitars to sound out of tune but it's probably all the open strings I hit with the fuzz. I also panned them hard L+R (except the solo). The main challenge was making everything line together being recorded separately. I agree with most of those points though I hope to record it in a studio next year. I'll pass those kind words on to the singer as well!

I'll check out your song and let you know what I think as well brother
Hi man! Really liked the track. You've found yourself a very good vocalist! The tone on the main guitar riff sounded a bit too weak for my liking. But it checks the 'stoner box', and your playing is good throughout the track. The guitar parts from 2:38 to 2:50 sound a bit unimaginative, and I think you could've done something more creative. But the vocals kicking in from 2:52 work really well. The solo after this is fitting, and the tone also fits as well. Overall, it stays a bit too much in one place for my liking. But the song is a nice mash of stoner and pop, works well, but the overall structure could need some work.

Would really appreciate it if you would check out this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1693229

It's a bit in stoner rock country as well.
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Quote by wyldelife
Hi man! Really liked the track. You've found yourself a very good vocalist! The tone on the main guitar riff sounded a bit too weak for my liking. But it checks the 'stoner box', and your playing is good throughout the track. The guitar parts from 2:38 to 2:50 sound a bit unimaginative, and I think you could've done something more creative. But the vocals kicking in from 2:52 work really well. The solo after this is fitting, and the tone also fits as well. Overall, it stays a bit too much in one place for my liking. But the song is a nice mash of stoner and pop, works well, but the overall structure could need some work.

Would really appreciate it if you would check out this: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1693229

It's a bit in stoner rock country as well.

Thanks buddy thats interesting in the sense it's a bit "country". I actually hate country haha but ill check yours out!