Poll: is "✓ seen [hh:mm]" good or bad?
Poll Options
View poll results: is "✓ seen [hh:mm]" good or bad?
good
0 0%
bad
13 43%
eh
6 20%
✓ seen [hh:mm]
11 37%
Voters: 30.
Page 1 of 2
i hate this thing because it means i have to reply to people that are stress to talk to and possibly have a conversation when i'm not emotionally ready
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
You know you can turn those off.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
It's bad because it introduces an extra element of stress and uncertainty.

Before it'd be that you wouldn't know if each other has seen the message - why is it? You don't know, because they don't know if you've read their message. It doesn't matter.

Now you send a message - seen 11:08pm. Shit. Why haven't they replied? Are they ignoring me? Are they busy? Are they pissed off with me? Did they just open it accidentally?

Same when you open someone's message. Shit I've seen it now. Bummers I don't have time to respond. I don't want to give an unclear answer. I just wanna go to bed. What if they get upset that I haven't replied.

Too much stuff to think about now. Same with the "last online" feature too. You haven't seen my message...you were last online 3 minutes ago, I sent the message 3 hours ago.

PARANOIA AND ANXIETY.
nah cos if you read it then people slag you for not replying to them quickly enough, but if someone sees your message and doesnt reply for 8 hours you might be like "deek this ignorant cunt"

plus sometimes its someone messaging you that you just dont like/want to talk to

and sometimes people can look proper needy if its like "sent: 12:00", "read: 12:00:01" or some shit and you weren't already having a conversation with them
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Last edited by SMH07 at Dec 18, 2015,
Quote by ErikLensherr
You know you can turn those off.

Wait, seriously? How?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
If things like this are cause for concern for you you need to sort your fucking life out
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33735528

Before it'd be that you wouldn't know if each other has seen the message - why is it? You don't know, because they don't know if you've read their message. It doesn't matter.

Now you send a message - seen 11:08pm. Shit. Why haven't they replied? Are they ignoring me? Are they busy? Are they pissed off with me? Did they just open it accidentally?

Same when you open someone's message. Shit I've seen it now. Bummers I don't have time to respond. I don't want to give an unclear answer. I just wanna go to bed. What if they get upset that I haven't replied.

Too much stuff to think about now. Same with the "last online" feature too. You haven't seen my message...you were last online 3 minutes ago, I sent the message 3 hours ago.

PARANOIA AND ANXIETY.

this basically
Quote by sam b
If things like this are cause for concern for you you need to sort your fucking life out

Preach.
Free Ali
Quote by Eastwinn
settings -> messaging -> "send read receipts"

:0000
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
this whole thing is a non issue. If you actually spend time worrying about people's reaction to your facebook messages, you have stronger issues than simply electronic notifications.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

PARANOIA AND ANXIETY.

yeah.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Eastwinn

i feel stupid but i can't find 'messaging' on the desktop version, screenshots please?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
If the message is nice and short you can read it without opening the actual messaging section and they won't know you've seen it

I agree that it's negative because of the PARANOIA AND ANXIETY thing though.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JamSessionFreak
i feel stupid but i can't find 'messaging' on the desktop version, screenshots please?

i was referring to iphones. idk about fb
Quote by Eastwinn
i was referring to iphones. idk about fb

aw :<

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Hate it, very glad Androids don't do that. Downloaded an extension specifically to stop bookface from doing it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
ohhh it's a facebook thing
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Good because I don't have to wonder whether they have seen my message. If you stress out about it it probably means you suck at replying to people and you feel guilty about it.
cat
Quote by guitarxo at #33735855
Good because I don't have to wonder whether they have seen my message. If you stress out about it it probably means you suck at replying to people and you feel guilty about it.

Or maybe I don't want to reply to people right away because I'm busy with stuff, and a lot of people have this tendency to take it as an insult if you see them and don't reply?

Quote by guitarxo

i mean yeah i do but still like

if they're a person who talks a lot and i'm busy or they're someone i don't wanna talk to i don't want to have to say "i'm busy" cause that'd feel mean and likewise if someone i wanna talk to doesn't wanna talk to me or else is bad at replying like lyle said i'd rather not know whether they've seen it than know that they have but for whatever reason didn't reply

and like right now i've got a reply sitting somewhere from someone i do want to talk to which i'll respond to later this evening cause it's easier to start a conversation like that when i'm free than respond with something now and then have to start a new conversation later
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
Quote by The_Blode
Social media creates social problems... ;|

solves more than it creates imo i have a way easier time organising shit on fb than in person
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
i kinda like it because i never take the initiative and send messages first, and never care if they actually read them when I do send them, and if i look at theirs and don't feel like it deserves a response they'll know i looked at it and didn't respond so they can maybe try again with a message thats a little more interesting

i have it off on my phone tho
Quote by seventh_angel at #33735885
If someone gets upset because the other person didn't reply as soon as that message was read, that person is probably not a very good person or needs to readjust his/her priorities and concerns in life.

Problem is sometimes you have to rely on a not very good person who needs to readjust their priorities and concerns in order to finish the project that your boss assigned you or pass the class you need to finish to graduate.

Quote by necrosis1193 at #33735907
Problem is sometimes you have to rely on a not very good person who needs to readjust their priorities and concerns in order to finish the project that your boss assigned you or pass the class you need to finish to graduate.
Then clearly the problem isn't on the "sent" thingy now, is it ?
Quote by seventh_angel at #33735911
Then clearly the problem isn't on the "sent" thingy now, is it ?

If you have a remedy for having to work with and rely on stupid people, I'm all ears.

Quote by necrosis1193 at #33735935
If you have a remedy for having to work with and rely on stupid people, I'm all ears.
I'm just saying that it has nothing to do with the topic. I can see why you're frustrated; it's a frustrating situation, it's just irrelevant to the discussion.

I wish you best of luck on both those endeavors though. No one deserves to be dependant on such important situations in life.
Quote by Eastwinn at #33735535

ily
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
My social anxiety is greatly lessened on the internet which is why I can shitpost here all day but 1v1 conversations especially with instant messaging still skyrockets my anxiety so yeah I fucking hate these receipt things I just want to be left alone most of the time
I'm currently talking to this #qt and we were talking happily now she's seen my message but hasn't responded WHAT DOES IT MEAN and sometimes I wanna read her message but reply to it when I'm less busy but god damn it then she'll think I'm ignoring her
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33736070
I'm currently talking to this #qt and we were talking happily now she's seen my message but hasn't responded WHAT DOES IT MEAN and sometimes I wanna read her message but reply to it when I'm less busy but god damn it then she'll think I'm ignoring her
Maybe she's just busy or just wants to reply later.

And in the second case, why not saying something like "I'm doing this thing and I'll talk to you in a bit" ?

Either way, you take this way too seriously
Omg my friend asked if I was out tomorrow and I said yes and what time and he's seen it but hasn't replied yet

Does this mean we aren't best pals anymore?
I've done pretty much the same thing to him loads of times
I have nothing important to say
Page 1 of 2