Hello. I have a rocksmith 2014 software. i would not recomend it to anyone. the interface and playability is so confusing, hard ,fast... i wish there would exist a program like rocksmith but with classic tablatures and not gamers tablatures with this out of space view, colors, sci-fi... it allso has some good features, it shows your mistakes, but everything else is realy amateur like.
People managed to learn instruments for at least 35,000 years before Rocksmith came along. You can, too.
Check out my band Disturbed
rocksmiths is real easys brah

Are yous playing the songs at 100% or somethings
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Seems some people around here don't like guitar and such,don't forget Richie Blackmore or Microsoft Plane Simulator X.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by kitarmen
Hello. I have a rocksmith 2014 software. i would not recomend it to anyone. the interface and playability is so confusing, hard ,fast... i wish there would exist a program like rocksmith but with classic tablatures and not gamers tablatures with this out of space view, colors, sci-fi... it allso has some good features, it shows your mistakes, but everything else is realy amateur like.

You know you can easily flip the display so the high strings are on top, right?

Or you could use the highly developed human brain to learn a slightly different notation to the one you're used to. Assuming you have one.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Sounds to me as if the OP has selected too high a difficulty level. When you set the game up you are asked what you want to work on (lead, rhythm, or bass) and what skill level you possess.

I had no problems with Rocksmith. Ordered a couple hundred bucks of DLC I enjoyed it so much. The interface isn't perfect and it takes awhile to get used to how everything works though.

I thought Rocksmith 2014 was a blast.
Quote by kitarmen

I have noticed that some of the tabs for songs they teach you are wrong, Like the song Redneck by Lamb of God is not how its actually played, apart from that its pretty cool. I do like the simulated amps and effects pedals in the game, But that's really about it.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
The thing is that Rocksmith doesn't use tab. It's just a string display. Unless you guys set your up differently or something.
I really like rocksmith and for me its easy and more accurate than tabs.Slow it down to learn the harder parts and if your pretty much nailing you can adjust the difficulty to make it harder or easier.

Of course it has it flaws.Sometimes the pre loaded tones are horrible.I remember high and dry had a horrible distorted tone and I think bends on it are highly inaccurate and difficult to get right.The pricing of dlc is off putting at times.A ten minute song costs as much as a 3 minute song.Its the only game I play on my Xbox 360 as my ps4 is my main console.If I could get my dlc transferred to my ps4 I would buy it for thatbut I can't and I'm not losing that dlc.
Quote by smittyanthrax
I really like rocksmith and for me its easy and more accurate than tabs.Slow it down to learn the harder parts and if your pretty much nailing you can adjust the difficulty to make it harder or easier.

Of course it has it flaws.Sometimes the pre loaded tones are horrible.I remember high and dry had a horrible distorted tone and I think bends on it are highly inaccurate and difficult to get right.The pricing of dlc is off putting at times.A ten minute song costs as much as a 3 minute song.Its the only game I play on my Xbox 360 as my ps4 is my main console.If I could get my dlc transferred to my ps4 I would buy it for thatbut I can't and I'm not losing that dlc.

You got that right about the tones. Most of the time they are great, but the DLC for The Cars was awful stuff. The tones were way too weird and completely ruined the songs.
I'm colorblind and I love Rocksmith. Granted, I was playing guitar for 11 years before I had the game. But it's very simple and easy to learn songs IMO and I'd recommend it to anyone.

One major tip for you, play the game with external speakers. If you are using TV speakers, the game is going to be a little laggy. Make sure to calibrate it.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
"i wish there would exist a program like rocksmith but with classic tablatures and not gamers tablatures with this out of space view, colors, sci-fi..."

The whole point of Rocksmith is that it's a different method to learning guitar. If it had classic tablatures, there would be no point in buying the game.
Free Ali
Quote by TobusRex
The thing is that Rocksmith doesn't use tab. It's just a string display. Unless you guys set your up differently or something.

I just mean the notes are wrong.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by chrismendiola
"i wish there would exist a program like rocksmith but with classic tablatures and not gamers tablatures with this out of space view, colors, sci-fi..."

The whole point of Rocksmith is that it's a different method to learning guitar. If it had classic tablatures, there would be no point in buying the game.

Indeed. Though you can flip the string display, which makes it more similar to normal tabs, for those people who are too old and set in their ways, or straight up dumb, to figure out a really quite intuitive notation.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Hello. i dont realy understand how to install CDLC. I am usin Windows PC. Can i just copy/paste the CDLC file or do i realy have to do something else? Can i allso simply delete DLC files from the program?
Quote by meta1militia

One major tip for you, play the game with external speakers. If you are using TV speakers, the game is going to be a little laggy. Make sure to calibrate it.

I play it through my home theater system. Loud. Sounds great
Quote by kitarmen at #33736785
Hello. i dont realy understand how to install CDLC. I am usin Windows PC. Can i just copy/paste the CDLC file or do i realy have to do something else? Can i allso simply delete DLC files from the program?

Buy Cherub Rock by The Smashing Pumpkins, download CDLC, put the CDLC file in the Rocksmith DLC folder (mine is Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc), play the game

You're on Windows, so you'll download the CDLC file that ends in .psarc
Quote by meta1militia
I'm colorblind and I love Rocksmith. Granted, I was playing guitar for 11 years before I had the game. But it's very simple and easy to learn songs IMO and I'd recommend it to anyone.

That is one thing I hate about it, Is it any better on the new one? does anybody know? Its fine if I use headphones though.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by nanna_guy414
That is one thing I hate about it, Is it any better on the new one? does anybody know? Its fine if I use headphones though.

Best for audio is to take the line out from the on-board card and put it through a decent external speaker.

Bluetooth devices give really noticeable audio lag, USB audio devices aren't great either.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by institutions
Buy Cherub Rock by The Smashing Pumpkins, download CDLC, put the CDLC file in the Rocksmith DLC folder (mine is Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc), play the game

You're on Windows, so you'll download the CDLC file that ends in .psarc

Why do i have to buy Cherub Rock by The Smashing Pumpkins?
Quote by kitarmen
Why do i have to buy Cherub Rock by The Smashing Pumpkins?

Because most of the CDLCs available use the Cherub Rock ID to get Rocksmith to recognise the files.

You could use the ID from another DLC that you own, but you'd have to change ALL the CDLC.

Cherub Rock was chosen as the default because people started doing customs for RS14 at release, and Cherub Rock was included as free DLC with preorders.
Quote by Diemon Dave
^

The process to change which ID the CDLC draws from isn't really hard, but you have to do it for every single CDLC you download, which can get really annoying and time consuming if you download a lot. I currently have 468.

Tbh paying $3 to buy that one song for the ease of just having all of the thousands of CDLC work by default is way way more than worth it.
Keep in mind that because all of the CDLC is user-created, there more than likely will be faults with some of it. Terrible tones, bad syncing that makes it impossible to play, wrong notes, the occasional song that just wasn't put together properly and crashes the game when you try to play it, etc.

Also, if you have good Guitar Pro files for songs you want that aren't on the site, you can eventually learn how to create your own CDLC. I have one that I made, but i'm terrible at making tones so I never play it and didn't upload it there.
Last edited by institutions at Dec 19, 2015,
Quote by institutions
^

The process to change which ID the CDLC draws from isn't really hard, but you have to do it for every single CDLC you download, which can get really annoying and time consuming if you download a lot. I currently have 468.

Tbh paying $3 to buy that one song for the ease of just having all of the thousands of CDLC work by default is way way more than worth it.

Also, if you have good Guitar Pro files for songs you want that aren't on the site, you can eventually learn how to create your own CDLC. I have one that I made, but i'm terrible at making tones so I never play it and didn't upload it there.

TBH, a lot of the people who make CDLC suck at tones anyway. A lot of them just copy tones from other CDLCs(which is fine, as long as they're copying one that doesn't give you ear cancer, or the tone drop bug, which is really annoying in non-stop play).
Quote by Diemon Dave
I was going to copy some tones but couldn't find any that sounded super correct (I was too lazy to look seriously), and I don't play guitar anyway so I couldn't even test how well the guitar was synced or how the tones sounded when it was played properly lol.
I just play bass.

I think in the end I did stick some tones on it from another CDLC.
i see some alternative prigrams similar to rocksmith. and i like them more because of a serious, non gaming type playing style. they are called BandFuse and rock prodigy. but they dont exist for windows. does someone know any similar programs for windows?
One thing i have noticed with CDLC is that the sound of the song is often very low compared to the sound of official DLC.
Quote by ehbacon
if you ever want to feel good about your guitar skill just look up Rocksmith gameplay. Works like a charm.

I learned some songs on Rocksmith....but I never confused myself with Clapton while doing so
Quote by Axelfox
One thing i have noticed with CDLC is that the sound of the song is often very low compared to the sound of official DLC.

Well, a lot of people who make them just use whatever they have as a source, so it could be a pretty low quality mp3, rather than whatever lossless format the devs are using, so it's not uncommon.
Quote by Diemon Dave