Looking for alternatives to an Ibanez Iron Label S series.
Jackson seems to have discontinued competitive thin body guitars like the sls and stealth.
DBZ's Royale & Imperial models are approximately the thickness of a smart phone at their edges.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Yeah, that's why I added in the (Ibanez S Competitors) bit.

Those Dbz's are very different guitars compared to what I'm looking for, what they drop in weight by thickness they stick right back on with the ridiculous width.

I'm guessing that's your way of saying what i'm looking for may not exist on the new market?
"Ibanez S Competitors" is vague.

And the Royale (I think, renamed as something like Imperial Jr in the current lineup) has a smaller body than the Imperial.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 18, 2015,
What is it specifically you like and don't like about the ibanez S?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The only other super thin bodied guitar I can think of right now is the Dean Zelinsky Zenyatta- a LP-style guitar.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
The only other super thin bodied guitar I can think of right now is the Dean Zelinsky Zenyatta- a LP-style guitar.

Still way to wide. Your suggestion did lead to the Dean Lavoce though which is closer to the les paul shape, much appreciated

Now to find one in Canada
Quote by trashedlostfdup
What is it specifically you like and don't like about the ibanez S?

I am going to quote myself, this matters.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I am going to quote myself, this matters.

1) Perhaps there is a better value.
2) Perhaps there a guitar I haven't considered that is even more suitable (I like the les paul shape on the Dean competitor but I'm not sure about the z glide neck gimmick.)
3) My experience with entry level Ibanez hasn't been all that great, so I am hesitant to buy the mid range Ibanez guitars.

No need to jump to conclusions, there isn't necessarily anything wrong with the Ibanez S, but knowledge is power
Quote by mik James
1) Perhaps there is a better value.
2) Perhaps there a guitar I haven't considered that is even more suitable (I like the les paul shape on the Dean competitor but I'm not sure about the z glide neck gimmick.)
3) My experience with entry level Ibanez hasn't been all that great, so I am hesitant to buy the mid range Ibanez guitars.

No need to jump to conclusions, there isn't necessarily anything wrong with the Ibanez S, but knowledge is power

I am sorry I think I came across wrong with that.

I meant what is it that you like about it. Weight? Neck? Trem? Price Body shape? Pickups configuration?

I want to know what features you were like about the s so I know what to recommend.

For example if you want something light weight i would suggest a parker fly.

The early 2000's were supposedly really good years, i think that the trems were better. MIJ ibanez' are the way to go IMO.

Also don't expect much from stock ibanez pickups.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Honestly not recommended Dean. Especially everything under the new price of $500 or so.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I'm looking for light weight, thin neck and trem is inconsequential.

I didn't realize the majority of Parker's were all that light? I thought it was only the selling point of the carbon fiber models. I would certainly be interested in the Parker pdf series if you think that would be a good option. Parker doesn't appear to have much in the 1000-1500$ cad price bracket, only <$1000 and >2000$

"Also don't expect much from stock ibanez pickups."

The Iron Label S has Dimarzios.
Last edited by mik James at Dec 20, 2015,
They're not as light as the CF models, but IME, the wooden Parkers are still mostly @6.5lbs or less.

Quote by mik James
I'm looking for light weight, thin neck and trem is inconsequential.

I didn't realize the majority of Parker's were all that light? I thought it was only the selling point of the carbon fiber models. I would certainly be interested in the Parker pdf series if you think that would be a good option. Parker doesn't appear to have much in the 1000-1500$ cad price bracket, only <$1000 and >2000$

"Also don't expect much from stock ibanez pickups."

The Iron Label S has Dimarzios.

i didn't think of budget with the parker statement. the nice ones are godly though.

that is a good thing. noted.

the iron label has gotten some bad rep IMO. yea the frets aren't amazing on them, but its not a prestige, its cheaper and i am not sure the cost goes somewhere. i would maybe think of getting a bit of fretowork on one.

i don't remember what trem is on them, so i won't comment on that.

you mentioned the SLS jacksons, i have played a few and i really liked them. although i haven't ever owned one, (i have had a DKMG, DKMGT and a DXMG) they are nice.

i have seen some stupid good prices on some MIJ ibanez' for not a lot of cash on the used market. specificaly the pre-prestige MIJ.

as far as ideas go, i am tapped. good luck.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!