Hi. I bought a 2000 Epiphone 7-string today on eBay. There are some bad chips on the guitar in the picture below. Should I paint over them or just leave them alone?

Please, look at the last picture in the series: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221901381033?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Depends on what you like. I mean, some people PAY to have their guitar look beaten up.
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
There's no need to do anything about them. Completely a matter of where they bother you or not.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Touching up, not painting over, is an option but it's probably not worth the money or effort. Poly is tough to fix well, although the fact that it's black will make it a bit less difficult should you decide to attempt it.

P. S. That's not a vintage guitar.
Free dictionary: A group or collection of people or things sharing certain characteristics.

The only new one Epiphone makes is a jet black one.
if the scratches aren't too deep you can buff them away, of course if they are all the way to through to the maple you can dye it but any way I see dying going for a guy who hasn't done it like the first time I tried it didn't go well. I ended up sanding the entire body down and re-painting over a maple top. I liked the flat black color more anyways as maple on the top of the guitar just gave a unique sound.... worst case scenario a really weird and unneccessary pickguard or metallica stickers so the guitar can ride the lightning

the swirls on the back from the buckle rash as they say - palm polish it away with sand paper and car waxes

the very very last photo where the guy covered it up with magic marker, use a glossy nail polish, it won't look perfect but no ugly purpleish shine to it.

new knobs - chinese ebay , guitarheads.net or qparts.com
new tuners - grover minis are an exact replacement

I agree with the moderator vintage is not 2000 , isn't it by ebay standards pre-1980? if not 1970. The term vintage is so bastardized from guitar companies and after markets. A 100+ year old bottle of alcohol or something is vintage.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Dec 18, 2015,
It's irrelevant that the new one is jet black. They do sell paint in cans these days.

The first sentence makes no sense and isn't even a correct definition of the word. 15 years is a ridiculous standard for "vintage" on a guitar.

Perhaps you are confusing vintage with discontinued.
Thanks for the info Tallwood. I will check into it. I am am actually mad that the owner used a market on the wood in the back. I would have preferred to see its natural color.

As for vintage, it will be a vintage guitar faster than a 2015. It also says limited edition on the headstock.
According to this page, Epiphone first made 7-string LPs in 2000 - the same year that mine is. It is special.
"Limited Edition" means next to nothing when it comes to Epiphone. The only thing "limited" about them is they're a non-standard color option and produced in tens of thousands as opposed to hundreds of thousands. 15 years just means old, not vintage, and given production numbers, even when it can be considered vintage it wont be worth more than any other Epi LP of the same era and model.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Those are terrible reasons for calling something vintage. "It is older than some guitars" is an absurd standard. "Limited Edition" does not make the guitar any older, and neither does "special." Making a mistake in using a word is reasonable, you're just being stubborn. You were wrong. Get over it.

You didn't even copy/paste the right definition for "vintage." That's for a noun. You used it as an adjective.
I will give up then Roc8995. You gave me a lot of good advice in the past.
I can't believe someone just before my eyes went on to completely change their opinion to agree with someone else who's opinion was the polar opposite. Is this even UG forums anymore? :P
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?