Does depression hinder or inspire ones music creativity? Any thought's are welcomed here.
Heavy metal rules, all that punk shit sucks. It doesn’t belong in this world; it belongs on fuckin’ Mars, man! What the hell is punk shit?
Quote by EmoSupremo
Does depression hinder or inspire ones music creativity? Any thought's are welcomed here.

Inspire, It defiantly helps when you feel depressed, Playing guitar has helped me a lot, Its a really good feeling nailing a song you love.
SANDBLAST YOURSELF.

Quote by i_lovemetallica
If you think Gollum was sober with his whole "Gollum/Smeagol" thing and thinking he was invisible with the ring, then you need to remove the cotton wool from your eyes.

Wake up sheeple.

Sunaj
Quote by EmoSupremo

both a little bit..
depression can take your enthusiasm about everything away (including the instrument)
meaning you wouldn't want to play..
at the same time if you can express what your feeling well you can come up with deep stuff beautiful stuff that moves people
I've found that emotions of all kinds play a huge amount in musical ability. It all depends on your ability to channel those emotions. Depression makes me useless, I lose all interest in doing anything, even playing guitar, but as I start to come to terms with things I find that I'm at my peak of musical ability.
Guitars
Peavey Nitro 1, 1986
Fender Squier Pbass, 1995
Music very much helps folks who are depressed, sad in general, jealous, angry, happy, irritated, stressed, not stressed, bored, high, drunk...any major emotions one can think of. That being said, those kind of emotions don't necessarily stifle one's creativeness with music, but it can if one lets them do so. For the most part, I would think being emotional makes one a somewhat better musician than no emotional input whatsoever. Passion with perks