Page 1 of 2
"I'd rather watch netflix, cos all I wanna do is be with you cos I think you're the bestest"

How, how is that acceptable? Since when were 9 year olds considered good lyricists?
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
Quote by sasquatchjosh96
"I'd rather watch netflix, cos all I wanna do is be with you cos I think you're the bestest"

How, how is that acceptable? Since when were 9 year olds considered good lyricists?

Simple. People forgot what music actually is!!

Look at "Country" "music" that shit is about as country as Rush Limbaugh! And i live 30min from Nashville!!

Look at the current state of "Metal" it literally spiraled into just one big "Sub genre" which defeats the whole ideology of Metal!

Look at Rap it used to be REAL when they rapped about dope and weed and guns and cars and fuck the police and all that. It was REAL! Now........Autotune and my real name is Chester and i grew up in the suburbs...

How about Pop? Oh brother.........

Music has been driven into the underground and been replaced in the mainstream because people quit thinking it was cool to like mainstream shit. I personally whish i was around when actual bands were considered mainstream, but unfortunately i came to late. Just in time for Grunge!

Music has been betrayed by dollars.....go figure.
Quote by Dick Savage
Simple. People forgot what music actually is!!

Look at "Country" "music" that shit is about as country as Rush Limbaugh! And i live 30min from Nashville!!

Look at the current state of "Metal" it literally spiraled into just one big "Sub genre" which defeats the whole ideology of Metal!

Look at Rap it used to be REAL when they rapped about dope and weed and guns and cars and fuck the police and all that. It was REAL! Now........Autotune and my real name is Chester and i grew up in the suburbs...

How about Pop? Oh brother.........

Music has been driven into the underground and been replaced in the mainstream because people quit thinking it was cool to like mainstream shit. I personally whish i was around when actual bands were considered mainstream, but unfortunately i came to late. Just in time for Grunge!

Music has been betrayed by dollars.....go figure.
Well yeah, it's the music industry, diluting music into easily digestible goo for the outcome of profit isn't a new concept to me. I'm just more and more surprised by what consumers find acceptable. I guess the media's working it's wonders with that milarky. I sense a thread derailment ahead...

Btw weed and guns and cars and hos isn't really any better. I'm no rap expert but a lot of rap as far as I'm aware was used as black culture exposure and to voice the unnacceptable struggles of a people who should by now be truly accepted and integrated into a modern society. That I don't mind.
The quest for your perfect gear is like being under the surface of a huge, overpowering lake. When you've nearly swam to the light on the surface it shoots far out of your sight again. Still, I'll enjoy the swim. What'd I do if I reached the top?
Last edited by sasquatchjosh96 at Dec 23, 2015,
Quote by sasquatchjosh96
Well yeah, it's the music industry, diluting music into easily digestible goo for the outcome of profit isn't a new concept to me. I'm just more and more surprised by what consumers find acceptable. I guess the media's working it's wonders with that milarky. I sense a thread derailment ahead...

Btw weed and guns and cars and hos isn't really any better. I'm no rap expert but a lot of rap as far as I'm aware was used as black culture exposure and to voice the unnacceptable struggles of a people who should by now be truly accepted and integrated into a modern society. That I don't mind.

Its not "better" but my point was that it originated from very real things. You think Ice T was just kidding on "6 in tha morning"? Nope....exaggerated for the sake of the story but very real indeed.

But otherwise our perspectives are absolutely parallel
Quote by EyeNon15
95% of gangsta rap was fake as fuk.
I didn't care though

Hmmm where you drawing your information? I beleive your percentage may be extremely inflated.
A lot of the "Crack epidemic" was vastly over exaggerated by 80s/90s rappers because it was a way for them to show "Hey I'm concious about my community! I don't just rap about parties and blowjobs!."
Inadvertently contributing to the government's war on black peo....I meant war on drugs
Quote by EyeNon15
A lot of the "Crack epidemic" was vastly over exaggerated by 80s/90s rappers because it was a way for them to show "Hey I'm concious about my community! I don't just rap about parties and blowjobs!."
Inadvertently contributing to the government's war on black peo....I meant war on drugs

Dude the war on "black people" started in the 60s when we started flooding inmer city streets with HEROIN! Reagan's little bullshit should have been called "war on the treasury department".

And if you think the crack epidemic was exaggerated there is a good chance you smoke crack. Do some research on the subject. Alot of crack related deaths either by overdose or gang violence were never officially filed as those types of deaths. It often times was filed under natural causes because no one cares about Crackheads or gangbangers. It was also far less paperwork.
I've done my research on it. I encourage you to read or listen to guys like Dr Carl Hart for facts on drug myths.

In the 80s people that were in an actual gang was rare. An extreme small percentage.
By the mid 90s there were "gangsters" everywhere.
That wasn't a coincidence, the culture was created by rappers.
Quote by Eastwinn
what happened to this forum

Oh sorry, I meant to say.
Taylor Swift is totally awesome!!
Happy now?
Quote by EyeNon15
I've done my research on it. I encourage you to read or listen to guys like Dr Carl Hart for facts on drug myths.

In the 80s people that were in an actual gang was rare. An extreme small percentage.
By the mid 90s there were "gangsters" everywhere.
That wasn't a coincidence, the culture was created by rappers.

Dude, you are delusional. Gangs were rampant as hell. It wasnt organized as much as its portrayed to be.....it was more territorial in nature. You go down the wrong street and oops there went your head.

And i suppose coca8ne wasn't a big deal in the 80s either......hahahaha. Where there is Cocaine there is ALWAYS twice as much crack!!! I guess Pablo Escobar was actually just peddling powdered sugar?

Your turn.
Quote by Eastwinn

i'm guessing it's a rap "song" we're looking for
Exactly, there was a time when only the poorest of the poor neighborhoods had gangs.
After gangster rap suburban kids were trying to gangbang.

And I can't even comment on your drug fear mongering, your like an 80s politician with that nonsense.
Quote by mattedbird
i'm guessing it's a rap "song" we're looking for

Quote by EyeNon15
Exactly, there was a time when only the poorest of the poor neighborhoods had gangs.
After gangster rap suburban kids were trying to gangbang.

And I can't even comment on your drug fear mongering, your like an 80s politician with that nonsense.

You are clearly ignorant when it comes to drugs. My father was actually sent to prison TODAY for drug trafficking (im not bragging, he's an idiot)

The fact that if there was 100lbs of powder coke there would be at least 200lbs of crack (would likely be more) is just a plain known fact!

And no Reagan's policies in the 80s only made things much much worse!

Just don't downplay the severity of that situation because it was a HUGE problem!

Also all those "poor" neighborhoods werent as poor as you think. They were poor on paper.
Last edited by Dick Savage at Dec 23, 2015,
You are referring to something different.
You are commenting on the War on Drugs, ie ridiculous prison and jail time for drug possesion.
Drug laws which came into existent based on nothing but lies and mass hysteria.
Which I said was a huge problem.
Drugs weren't and arent a huge problem, the policing of drugs was and still is a huge problem.

When rappers rapped about a bunch of dope fiends and Crack babies running around it was just vast overexaggeration.
Quote by EyeNon15
You are referring to something different.
You are commenting on the War on Drugs, ie ridiculous prison and jail time for drug possesion.
Drug laws which came into existent based on nothing but lies and mass hysteria.
Which I said was a huge problem.
Drugs weren't and arent a huge problem, the policing of drugs was and still is a huge problem.

When rappers rapped about a bunch of dope fiends and Crack babies running around it was just vast overexaggeration.

The rest of what you are saying is correct. ^THIS^ is the part that is DEAD WRONG!

And btw drugs (pharmaceuticals) are currently a HUGE by LARGE problem!!!! It has literally wreaked havoc on my entire region and family and personal friends. DO NOT DOWNPLAY DRUG ABUSE!!!!
No it isnt, it was never the godamn Walking Dead.
"Crackheads" are a tiny minority and they mostly just get made fun of if anything.
And the "Crack Baby" is a pure myth with literally no evidence to support it.

Oh, and rappers never really rapped about presciption drug abuse.
Unless you count Eminems first album.
Quote by EyeNon15
No it isnt, it was never the godamn Walking Dead.
"Crackheads" are a tiny minority and they mostly just get made fun of if anything.
And the "Crack Baby" is a pure myth with literally no evidence to support it.

Oh, and rappers never really rapped about presciption drug abuse.

Unless you count Eminems first album.

Wrong and wrong.

I personally have an adopted "crack baby" uncle (he is 6) who was born addicted to crack and was kept in a special nursery in the hospital along with probably 30 other drug addicted newborns at the time! (Your ignorance and insensitivity on this subject sicken me) there is a shockingly large percentageof babys born addicted in the U.S. every day!!!

And you apparently haven't listened to much rap at ALL......what is "lean" or "sysurp"? Perscription hydrocodone cough syrup mixed with sprite and sometimes melted jolly ranchers for flavor.

Go do your homework kid.
OMG you are talking horseshit!!!!!
Born addicted to crack??? There's literally no science backing this verbal diarrhea you are spewing.
Quote by i_lovemetallica

Ahem, yeh drugs can complicate pregnancies. No shit.

Women aren't supposed to drink alcohol while they are pregnant either. It's not because the baby will be born addicted to booze.

There's a lot of stuff pregnant women shouldn't do that could complicate the birth.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Dec 23, 2015,
Quote by EyeNon15
OMG you are talking horseshit!!!!!
Born addicted to crack??? There's literally no science backing this verbal diarrhea you are spewing.

Your a sick prick!!! I have lived with this kid who has permanent brain damage from birth caused by CRACK!!!!!!
Quote by EyeNon15

Women aren't supposed to drink alcohol while they are pregnant either. It's not because the baby will be born addicted to booze.

You are either really fucking ignorant or really fucking stupid!!!!

Nowdays when you give birth to an addicted baby they send you to prison for child abuse/endangerment and the terminate all of your paternal rights!! Happened to my uncles mom.....Shes also dead now from CRACK!!
Again, there are many things that pregnant women can do that may cause harm to the child.
Babies are not born addicted to alcohol and they aren't born addicted to crack. You are spewing NONSENSE
Quote by EyeNon15

There's a lot of stuff pregnant women shouldn't do that could complicate the birth.

Did you even read the article?

"Neonatal abstinence syndrome occurs because a pregnant woman takes opiate or narcotic drugs such as heroin, codeine, oxycodone (Oxycontin) methadone or buprenorphine.

These and other substances pass through the placenta that connects the baby to its mother in the womb. The baby becomes addicted along with the mother.

At birth, the baby is still dependent on the drug. Because the baby is no longer getting the drug after birth, symptoms of withdrawal may occur."
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by EyeNon15
Again, there are many things that pregnant women can do that may cause harm to the child.
Babies are not born addicted to alcohol and they aren't born addicted to crack. You are spewing NONSENSE

Ok, lets behave like rational adults.

I have given you a link to a resource that says otherwise, in response to your claim.

Do you have any scientific information which supports your claim?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
No one said that crack was an opiate.....

Your first link doesn't dispel that babies can be adversely affected due to substance abuse in utero, namely:
"However, PCE is associated with premature birth, birth defects, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and other conditions. The effects of cocaine on a fetus are thought to be similar to those of tobacco and less severe than those of alcohol"

Your second article goes off on a tangent, comparing the IQ of children from low socio-economic groups with children born to drug addicted mothers, it doesn't address the physiological issues associated with drug use while pregnant.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by EyeNon15

Fear mongers realy? Im not fucking Alex Jones here moron. And im sorry but gerting your facts from business insider and wikipedia doesn't exactly prop up your completely shot to shit argument!

You're extremely inexperienced with drugs apparently and aslo ignorant to this specific subject. I myself burn marijuana on a daily basis but tgats not exactly hardcore drugs.

Why don't you go down to your nearest hospital and ask about the babies that are born addicted its fucking TRAGIC!!! And im not even a sensitive man nor am i politically correct.

The fact of the matter is you are WRONG and your argument has went the way of the Hindenburg. I hope you see the errors of your ways and reconcile your ignorance until then Merry Christmas!
Your link was something about babies being addicted to opiates.
It's technically not you saying that crack is an opiate, but surely you can understand why it makes it look like you think crack is an opiate. Being that you shoved that into a conversation about crack babies.

And yes, both of my links just dispel the crack baby myth that was highly perpetuated in the 80s and 90s. Which gets back to the original point I made about rappers of the 80s and 90s.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
No one said that crack was an opiate.....

Your first link doesn't dispel that babies can be adversely affected due to substance abuse in utero, namely:
"However, PCE is associated with premature birth, birth defects, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and other conditions. The effects of cocaine on a fetus are thought to be similar to those of tobacco and less severe than those of alcohol"

Your second article goes off on a tangent, comparing the IQ of children from low socio-economic groups with children born to drug addicted mothers, it doesn't address the physiological issues associated with drug use while pregnant.

I sincerely appreciate your support. The mother of my uncle was actually on Morphine (and crack) well anything really and he was born with permanent brain damage. We have to take him to therapy twice a week for his speech and motor skills but other than that he's sharp as a tack and kind hearted. He is fortunate countless others are not. Hopefully somone at some point will nock some sense into this guy. Thanks
Quote by EyeNon15
Your link was something about babies being addicted to opiates.
It's technically not you saying that crack is an opiate, but surely you can understand why it makes it look like you think crack is an opiate. Being that you shoved that into a conversation about crack babies.

And yes, both of my links just dispel the crack baby myth that was highly perpetuated in the 80s and 90s. Which gets back to the original point I made about rappers of the 80s and 90s.

As I stated earlier, it does not dispel the "myth". A myth implies fiction. All your articles stated is that the idea of "crack babies" was less widespread than may be believed.

I've spoken about my line of work on this forum before, but I'll talk about it a bit more. I'm a Court Clerk, I sit in court and manage court cases, part of that involves Child Protection cases, and I have seen medical report, after medical report, provided to the court, indicating that a child has been born to a drug addicted parent, and the child requires treatment during the withdrawl process to minimise harm to them.

It happens, more than people think, but far less than the pandemic proportions that were being touted in the late 80s and early 90s
Quote by EyeNon15
I hate to go all 2013 on you but what you are doing is classic STRAWMAN

Cry me a river. Are you capable of behaving like a sensible adult? Or would you prefer to keep throwing your matchbox cars in the sandpit?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Please, don't pretend to be an adult when you are making up your own arguments just to pretend you win something on the internet. It's fucking pathetic.

My point is that drug hysteria is vastly over exaggerated by politics and law enforcement and rappers took full advantage of that in efforts to seem like they were concious about community issues.
You snotty cunt talking about matchbox cars and shit, fear mongering asshole.
Quote by EyeNon15
Please, don't pretend to be an adult when you are making up your own arguments just to pretend you win something on the internet. It's fucking pathetic.

My point is that drug hysteria is vastly over exaggerated by politics and law enforcement and rappers took full advantage of that in efforts to seem like they were concious about community issues.
You snotty cunt talking about matchbox cars and shit, fear mongering asshole.

Again, you are just drowning yourself even further. This has absolutely nothing to do with fear. It has everything to do with drug abuse being a bigger problem than what you see it for.....oh wait thats just it, you probably don't have to see it at all.
Page 1 of 2