I bought this Hamer Slammer series guitar yesterday online and I am now waiting patiently for it to arrive. All I know about it is that (according to the dealer) it was produced some time in the 1980's and that it is a Hamer Slammer Series (NOT a Slammer by Hamer, which I've heard are crap). I've tried googling whatever keyword combination might yield some info but I've had no luck finding much on this particular model. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It was Hamer's cheap import line before they named them Slammer by Hamer. Kinda like the Marshall MG line was originally called the Marshall G line and then they renamed it the MG line

I hope you didn't pay too much for it, but it can be a potentially good player.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It was $120. So even if it's a complete piece of junk it's no huge loss. I can always make it a project guitar.
Quote by josephhamerjr
It was $120. So even if it's a complete piece of junk it's no huge loss. I can always make it a project guitar.

Yeah for $120 your not loosing anything and you can easily re-sell it for what you paid.

Is it a set neck or one of the bolt-on models? Just asking because the set neck models are generally better made than the bolt-on's
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It has a set neck. From what little bit I've read on Hamer Slammer guitars is that the "Hamer Slammer Series" were a line of Korean made Hamer guitars that were made as more affordable versions of their USA instruments, and that their quality is akin to that of a decent MIM Fender. The Slammer by Hamer guitars came a bit later, were made in China and are absolute shit. Again, this is just from what little I've read online, so my understanding could be wrong.
Last edited by josephhamerjr at Dec 19, 2015,