http://www.aliexpress.com/item/RARE1974-Model-4001-Rick-O-Sound-RB-Bass/32520121361.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.p7pvH4&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201644_1_79_78_77_82_80_62,searchweb201560_3
"all guitars are custom made according to customers's request, it will take 38-43 days to complete order and then send item, it does not include hard shell case, and the color may be a little different from picture because of different computer or cell phone view. Please contact me for details if you have any question."
^It's a relic'd fake. One of those things - if it looks too good to be true it probably is.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Agree with above - it is either a relic'ed fake, or it is cheap because it is in poor condition. I have seen internet prices somewhere around $2000 for 1970's era 4001s.
Quote by jpnyc
ALL of the guitars on Ali Express are fakes.

One day I'll get a '54 Strat and put it on Ali Express just to prove you wrong.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I owned a Rick and like Geddy Lee and Paul McCartney I put it down for good. The worst thing about them is neck twist then trying to get a wrench on the TWO trusrods in there. P/U cover is in the way of the controls, its endless. Sorry if I bummed you out but after owning 4 I leaned my lesson. I own several Fenders MIA/MIM, no problems, Epiphones no problems, Gibson so so, Squire no problems..
Last edited by eddy_deville at Dec 27, 2015,
Quote by eddy_deville
I owned a Rick and like Geddy Lee and Paul McCartney I put it down for good. The worst thing about them is neck twist then trying to get a wrench on the TWO trusrods in there. P/U cover is in the way of the controls, its endless. Sorry if I bummed you out but after owning 4 I leaned my lesson. I own several Fenders MIA/MIM, no problems, Epiphones no problems, Gibson so so, Squire no problems..

I owned a 1982 or 83 Rickenbacker 4003 which I eventually sold after about 5 years. Never had any problems with the truss rods but I had a reputable luthier at a local music shop make some mods after I first bought it - removed the cover from the neck pickup, replaced the factory tuners with Grover tuners, put roundwounds on it (Rotosound) and then a full setup. After that I always used the same strings so I never made additional changes.

My biggest complaint was fret wear. After only 5 years the frets were badly worn and I don't have an aggressive style or technique. This of course was before the internet but I did hear by word-of-mouth that Ricks were notorious for fret wear. Honestly unless they have fixed this over the years, I would not buy another.
Additional comment - I was the original owner of the Rick, purchased new.
Actually some of the basses on that site are used and old. However, nothing about that site screams trust... A Rickenfaker will end up costing very little, but Rickenbacker pursues them to shut them down, so the copies I believe are actually illegal.
Mongo only Pawn in game of life