Ive been playing guitar for a while now and im looking to upgrade my guitar. I've been using a Squier Bullet Strat and I've gotten bored with it, and it doesn't deliver the tones im going for. I really like hollow bodies. Something about them just speaks to me. I love the style and sound of ted nugent and i want a guitar with humbuckers in it. Buying used is fine, and my budget is $500. Any suggestions?
While you can certainly find a decent guitar for $500, it's more likely with a solidbody than with a semihollow or hollowbody. Those take a bit more craftsmanship & labor to make than a solidbody, so they generally cost more.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Not a semi hollow, but this G&L is a killer deal and well under your budget
www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gl-tribute-asat-deluxe-carved-top-electric-guitar/j22057

A used Epiphone DOT would also leave you a large sum leftover
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Holy cow! I never even noticed they had their own shop. I'm going to have to look at that VERY closely, 'cause I have been wanting an Imperial or Royale since DBZ was founded.