Saw this on CL the other day and picked it up. No Brand, just an inlay if butterfly. I was thinking 70s era Fuji, but no. This thing has a "MADE IN KOREA" sticker and 559-1410 sticker. It's a pancake body (not plywood), with a serious air gap between the body and the solid archtop. It actually plays half decent, but oddly sounds very Stratty on the bridge pup... I'm thinking Singles in a Humbucker body. She still needs serious cleaning and setup.

Reminds me a whole lot of my Bradley.
Let me know what you think or if you have any info on this old LP.

--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Last edited by Auriemma at Sep 18, 2016,
I've seen a couple of these.

In one thread, someone had posted pix of a guitar identical to that one except "Tara" or some such was inlaid above the butterfly. Another person claimed that such guitars were sold under a variety of names, like Cameo and Magnum.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I've seen a few ended auctions that said it was a Sears/Montgomery Ward guitar. I thought that was Harmony/Silvertone. Others said it was a Kent or Global.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
That looks like a Hondo II Les Paul copy. I used to a have one. Absolutely awful guitar, but it was my first. They were made in Korea during the mid to late 80s. Google "Hondo II Les Paul" and you'll see tons of images of that guitar.
Last edited by Sayonara6String at Sep 30, 2016,
Don't think it's a Hondo- those don't usually have a butterfly on them, and commonly DO have "Hondo" on them.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

dannyalcatraz True, but Hondos are always modded, repainted, refashioned, etc. Cuz they're cheap and crappy. Either way, it's almost certainly from the same factory, and those Asian factories always keep churning products out under a different name long after their contract with the main company expires.
Not all guitars made there were Hondos. Electra, Westone, Aria, Epiphone, Univox, Westbury, Skylark and many others came out of there, and with more than just cosmetic differences.

Well at least we got closer to the mystery. It was a communal effort. Matsumoku was a Japanese factory and OP says it was made in Korea. So still kind of odd.
Wow... someone necro posted one of mine.  

It was definitely MiK.  It still had the sticker on the back of the neck.  
It was definitely not Matsumoku.  
It was definitely SOLD.  So I cannot tell you more.
--- Joe ---