Have you ever bought a guitar that just made all your other guitars become back-ups? I own a Squier Standard Strat, A MIM Standard Strat, An Ibanez SA160FM that's very simular to a Strat, a Carvin Custom Shop CS6 that's simular to a Les Paul, and my favorite by a long shot, my Limited Edition American Deluxe Mahogany Strat. The Carvin is an extremely well made instrument. It plays and sounds great. The others are good too. No complaints. But the L E just blows them all away to me. It has all the sounds and tones that I want, like and need, has that wonderful compound radius neck that plays just awesome which I'm addicted to, and just feels fantastic in my hands. Plus it is absolutely beautiful to me! I don't play anything but the L E now. I can hardly put it down. You play for years and years and finally get "The One". Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Yep, true love!
I love my 2016 LP atm and it plays better than the LP standards i've had in the past and the SG standard i had.However i still don't think i've ever actually found the "one" yet tbh.I've had loads of guitars that i've liked and loved but i still don't think i've had the connection to a guitar that you speak of if i'm honest.
Quote by Alanbama
Have you ever bought a guitar that just made all your other guitars become back-ups? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Yep, true love!

Nope. I'm pretty fickle. And you will be, too.
Don't feel bad when you happen across another The One...
Not that I don't want more guitars, but I've currently got my EBMM Silhouette, and that thing just shits on all other guitars I've owned. It plays fantastically, and it sounds awesome as well. I love the pickup switching options, the Floyd is solid, it's lightweight, it looks good, the whole package.

I still want another SG and an LP and another Strat and maybe a Tele and a nice PRS and a shit ton of other guitars, but man, my EBMM is one hell of a guitar.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Yes, but for me it turns out that it's the 3rd guitar I ever bought and now I count to 16 electrics and 3 acoustics. The guitar in question is a 2008 American Standard Strat, modified with Seymour Duncan JB Jr. pickups for neck and bridge position. But it's tried and true rather than something I knew from the start though - it's the only guitar that always seem to work for me. It always seem to sit well in a mix; always easy to play and just comfortable.

I got another of the same model and also in a metallic red colour to have as its backup last year. Only difference is maple vs rosewood fretboard. I guess I just have found my guitar... Which doesn't stop me from bringing out one of my Les Pauls, Teles or V's once in a while, or buy something else, but yes.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Dec 20, 2015,
I own more than 20 guitars and each has had their moments where it seems like this is the "one". Six months to a year later I start playing another of my guitars regularly and it seems like I want to change up the sound a little so I go to another guitar. The only really consistent guitar that I keep coming back to regularly is my 1982 Ibanez AM50 semi-hollow and I realize that for me, this is really the "one". If I am going to a gig where I am not sure what we may be playing (my band works everything from classic rock rooms to upscale restaurants and lounges) I will always take the AM50. The fat tone, the feel and the awesome action can't be beat for what I play. After all these years it's still the guitar I would miss the most if something happened.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Dec 20, 2015,
I've been playing a while. Since the early 70's and I can't tell you how many different guitars I've owned and loved but I don't have a single one of them now. I can't remember having one and thinking that I want this one forever. But I do feel this way about this one. The way her curvy Mahogany body looks on....... well uh... anyway I can not find a manufacturing or assembly flaw at all! Hell, I didn't even have to set it up! Intonation and action were just perfect for me after a slight neck relief adjustment. And all the sounds and tones I can get with the S1 and passing lane switching are awesome. Everything that I want and need in one guitar!
One thing i do notice is that i do tend to go back to my mexi Tele an awful lot.I always have to pick it up and have a play after playing one of my others.Not sure i'd go so far as to say it's the "one" though.
Quote by EyeballPaul
One thing i do notice is that i do tend to go back to my mexi Tele an awful lot.I always have to pick it up and have a play after playing one of my others.Not sure i'd go so far as to say it's the "one" though.

I don't even have a desire to play one of my other guitars right now and that's never happened to me before. I always play my Carvin but not this time not yet and it's been 3 weeks. I think one of the main reasons is this compound radius fretboard. I love the way that thing feels. It reminds me of a Jackson USA Soloist that I had in 2002. It had a compound radius fretboard that I really liked a lot. I would have kept that one but I really prefer 22 frets to 24. I just think for me the neck pup sounds better. But that's just me. All of you all's input is very interesting. Thanks.
I'd been a Tele player for years (had a multitude of Am Std, Am Dlx, Mexi, RI models) as well as owning multiple SGs, Strats, Jazzmasters and a 20th Ann EBMM Silhouette but when I picked up my LP Traditional it just felt perfect in my hands. Didn't think I would get the feeling of 'the one' from a LP but yeah

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
It changes often but right now I'm really digging my '58 RI.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by oz_bassist
I'd been a Tele player for years (had a multitude of Am Std, Am Dlx, Mexi, RI models) as well as owning multiple SGs, Strats, Jazzmasters and a 20th Ann EBMM Silhouette but when I picked up my LP Traditional it just felt perfect in my hands. Didn't think I would get the feeling of 'the one' from a LP but yeah

Congrats on finding "The One" my friend!
I understand the concept of "The One", but I doubt I will ever find mine. Congrats on finding YOURS, though!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
No, I tend to rotate between them, and also go in for modding. - Yesterday I did some pickup swapping. - If I could find one that weighed nothing and sounded like an angel's harp I might, but I very much doubt it.

I envy those who can bond with just one guitar, I've read about some acoustic players who have had the same guitar all their lives, but they are a rarity.
Quote by dspellman
Nope. I'm pretty fickle. And you will be, too.
Don't feel bad when you happen across another The One...

. yeah i've been thru a few at this point. pretty much found that while i do my best to find "the one" that i'm just a cheatin whore at heart and can't stick with any guitar for more than a few years at best.
My American Standard. Gold finish (mystic aztec gold). Beautiful.

Putting hot rails in the bridge soon and then I will have no need for anything else.
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you